• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Portable Game Devices And Headphones

DarkBlood

NLC
NLC
I was just playing my new old DS I got a few days ago, and it killed my left headphone piece; and I think the reason may be due to the fact that whenever I turn on/off the DS, it makes a loud popping noise (twice when turned on, once when turned off.)

However, my PSPs did this too (once when turned on, once when turned off) albeit, not as loud. Are game companies TRYING to render our headphones useless? :S These popping noises also happen on the built-in speakers.

Er...how loud do you have everything when you turn it on?

And are your headphones pretty low quality? That really shouldn't be happening

Er...how loud do you have everything when you turn it on?

And are your headphones pretty low quality? That really shouldn't be happening

The volume is at about 10% on the DS (PSP was at about 56%), any higher and the music would be super loud. The headphones are close to a year old. They're KOSS In-Ear Fit Ear buds.

My realtek audio on my computer requires the volume to be at 5% otherwise it will be super loud as well -_-

The problem is, I can't get NORMAL ear buds, they hurt my ears severely. -_- These ones use a thin pole to emit sound, and that pole is covered by soft foam.

year old KOSS earbuds kind of suck. if you use them a lot, it would pay to buy a nice set. whatever the case, it's not the DS's fault.

On the contrary, the sound card was going. I bought a DS lite, and it didn't have the crackling sound nor the loud popping noise at system shut down (it did have a quiet popping sound when it first turned on though.)

On the contrary, the sound card was going. I bought a DS lite, and it didn't have the crackling sound nor the loud popping noise at system shut down (it did have a quiet popping sound when it first turned on though.)

My 5 year old phat does that too. It's perfectly normal.

Back