• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Post to Host forums

.Joe.

Yours Truly
NLC
Can someone tell me how post to host forums work? I know, that it generates revenue off the ads that are placed in the forums, but do they actually make enough?

Say, I were to offer hosting packages and free domains what ads should I put up on my forum (other then AdSense) to make back somewhat of my expenses.

Thank you,
.Joe.

You know ive been wondering the same.

How the hell can you possibly make enough of those small banner adds. I cant make crap off google even with 2000+ hots a day to the actual site.

People intentionally aviod clicking google ads, very rarely are they even closly related to the content your after.

Can someone tell me how post to host forums work? I know, that it generates revenue off the ads that are placed in the forums, but do they actually make enough?

Say, I were to offer hosting packages and free domains what ads should I put up on my forum (other then AdSense) to make back somewhat of my expenses.

Thank you,
.Joe.
Simple enough, they don't. You've got to be prepared to get money out of your own pocket. I mean, the money is ok once you get going. You have to scrape around a bit though.

Well, most of my the expenses will be coming out of my own pockets and funds. Just, I wondering if I can make a "little" bit back.

Post to host forum.. I get atleast 50$/m from adsense.. it really benifit me

Basically why I am using the forum is not for hosting only.
It's designed for my college.Forum full of ours..So no comments

I were to offer hosting packages and free domains what ads should I put up on my forum (other then AdSense) to make back somewhat of my expenses.
Really I to hate ads.
The actual aim of me giving free hosting is... Thinking any one of 100 will get a premium hosting from me.

But can you really host this much website with 50$/month alone?

If you are already paying out of your own pockets, I guess an extra $50 from AdSense or the like wouldn't hurt to help you pay for your servers/services. :angel:

I always say that the bigger the community gets, the more revenue you will earn.

That is true but definitely you'll be paying quite for the servers out of your own pocket for sometime. It's the thought that counts and some people (including me) like to start a free Web hosting company for young people that can't afford Web hosting yet. It's also having about having a big community and everyone joining in with discussions - that's another reason.

Efficiency Issues?

That is true but definitely you'll be paying quite for the servers out of your own pocket for sometime. It's the thought that counts and some people (including me) like to start a free Web hosting company for young people that can't afford Web hosting yet. It's also having about having a big community and everyone joining in with discussions - that's another reason.

I am a little saddened if anyone thinks that the reason to do Post-Host is to force people to stare at ads and hopefully click them while posting. There has got to be a more efficient delivery than that.

I always assumed that the posts were intended to form some kind of "value" ... which would be leveraged in some way.

I currently favor the hybrid approaches I saw a couple times where you can choose either a tiny bandwidth (if you aren't actively working on your page), OR serve ads and post to boost back into high volume. A raw post count with a threat of losing the account guarantees I will never join that provider.

I think that starting a free host with the intention to make money is an interesting if slightly 'outside the box' idea.

I'm suprised to hear that it is possible to make a fair amount of money from contextual ads these days though as so many people use Ad Block or similar.

I don't block it on purpose, I just choose a subscription when i've installed AdSense and it does it for me.

I wasn't aware of that though, thanks.

I don't plan to make money from my free host. I pay about $70 every month out of my own wallet to pay for my VPS.

Back