• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Pricing Question/s

anhedonia

I'm on a boat
NLC
I'm thinking up setting up a freelance site for myself. The thing is; I could almost definitely offer hosting as part of the package.

So for example, if you got a site designed by me, and then also wanted hosting for that site, how much would you expect/be willing to pay?

Umm...Here's an example deal:

Say the site was just a relatively basic site. HTML, graphics all done by me but no Flash or anything like that. For hosting you needed 50mb, around 5 FTP accounts, domain hosting, a cgi-bin, and a large amount of bandwidth.

What would be the estimated cost? I'd like some suggests as to what kind of a price range to charge people.

bandwidth cost money, I would tell you to get a reseller account because it sounds like if you have a couple of customers that all need a lot of bandwidth it will get really expensive really fast
:)

How you charge people depends on how you spend on the hosting part (designing is your artistic part...charge whatever you feel your effort can sell for)...

You will surely have to get a reseller account, (check out other posts in these forums to get which are the better hosts with reseller plans), and one thing you will have to take care of is the administration part of it.

Since you will be handling hosting for the customers, be prepared to handle their support calls in the middle of the night. If their site is down, its your job to handle your customers while you contact the hosting company to fix the thing. Customers want prompt response to their hosting problems support calls.

Just my 2 dollars..

You could do it two ways. One would be to offer bundled design and hosting packages, the other separate design services and hosting services (separate sites possibly). Do you have an idea of which you'd prefer, or which your clients would prefer? DO you know what type of clients you'd be going after? What they are willing to pay, etc. In other words, know your target market.

I'd prefer to do it as an optional feature in a package. I already have a company all set up that I would resell with...

I wouldn't hace a clue what seems a fair price for design and hosting... :confused2

do a price for ahtever you feel is good, as lets say you were new, how much would you pay... also have diffrent hosting options but with the same design service...

also depends if you will publish the site for them or not

Back