• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Prison Break Vs 24

Meksilon

NLC
A few short years ago (2006) I discovered both TV series at the same time... 24: Season 5 and Prison Break season 1.

kiefersutherlandarreste.jpg

Sutherland spends 90% of the show on the phone.

wmiller.jpg

Miller's "trademark" look (also known as "Blue Steel").

Since that time stars from both series have actually ended up in gaol following drink-driving related offences (Lane Garrison from Prison Break and Kiefer Sutherland from 24).

I thought at the time both series were amazing; they had a similar theme to them (presidential conspiracy, etc) and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the previous 24 series too (I think some are better then others). Then came 24 Season 6 ... wow what a disappointment hey, but they got their act back into gear for Season 7 which was back to a very high level (I didn't think much of Redemption though).

Prison Break on the other hand, was kind of run into the ground. Season 2 was O.K. and Season 3 was excellent - probably my favourite from the series. But Season 4 was a complete mess (far more than 24 Season 6) and they really ended it poorly too (well it was the last very-poor 'plot-twist' in a long, sad, twisted line of very-poor season 4 'plot-twists').

Still, looking back, I think 24 was lucky that Series 6 didn't drive the show completely into the ground like Prison Break S04. I mean, with such a predictable and bland season you'd think they could have killed a series.

Prison Break was awful from Day 1. Considering you have a show with DANGEROUS CRIMINALS, at least one of them would have a personality.

That's not the direction they decided to go in

I liked Prison Break up until they killed Haywire. So I guess a little over half of season 2. I didn't think there was much of a problem with personality of the characters; their personalities seemed to be pretty diverse (T-Bag, Abruzzi, Michael, C-Note, Sucre), though some key characters were a little boring like Lincoln, Veronica, or that secret service guy (not Mahone the FBI agent, I thought he was interesting). They were basically generic tough guy, generic TV lawyer lady, and generic secret government agent guy.

I remember watching 24 after the first 3 seasons had come out and watched seasons 1-3 within 2 weeks, but I haven't seen it since. And I really don't remember much about it now, except that I enjoyed it.

I'd probably have to re-watch 24 to judge which one I like more. But then I'd only be judging between Prison Break season 1-2 and 24 seasons 1-3.

I can't believe Mek loved PB season 3 the best. Then I remembered it was Mek. But seriously, the WGA strike was part of it, but seas

Prison Break Seasons: 1 > 2 > 4 > 3, and the 2/4 differential is hueg.

24: 5 > 7 > 1 > 4 == 2 > 3 > 6

Don't even get me started on Heroes. Hope it doesn't get picked up for another season (I know it already has ;<)

/thread

@tandoc Ignoring your last statement, Heroes is picked up for another season and is set to air next month or the month after :p

Goddamn there's a lot of awful shows on TV.

Yup. Also lots of shows that start out alright, then just get progressively worse. Aside from Prison Break, Weeds comes to mind. It started off great, but it got ridiculous after a while. I don't actually watch any shows regularly right now.

I can't even keep track of the seasons of 24 anymore. I don't really remember what happened in each season. I just started watching 7 so I don't know what to think about it yet. Season 5 is probably my favorite so far. 6 wasn't bad except like the last 4 hours.

Considering I swore off TV last August and now only watch it because my girlfriend leaves her TV on constantly, I'm going to go with the position of "I won't watch either because they both blow."

Back