• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Professional Class Hosting

TheHostHunter

People don't discuess business class hosting very often. It seems like all the old fogies have a favorite old web host that they've been with for years, that isn't part of the big names that we all know today (HostGator, PowWeb, StartLogic, etc).

One company that I often hear brought up is Pair.com http://pair.com/services/web_hosting/ and you can see by their prices that they definitely consider themselves a much higher degree of quality (nearly 4-10 times the price of other hosts). Do you guys think that this "quality" is real or is it the same service/support, just with a higher price tag.

I think the business segment is often overlooked and depending on how the host has things setup it may indeed be a better setup over shared. We offer business hosting within our plan structure and there is a big difference in support and feature sets.

Possible differences:

Higher Uptime
Guaranteed Support Times
Dedicated IP address
E-Commerce Support
discounts on other products (design, programming, etc)
Offsite backup accounts
telephone support
free migrations to dedicated server (s)

Things like that can easily warrant the extra cost. However I would imagine there are places that can brand their products as "business hosting" and change nothing, of course that is where research helps alot.

I can add that shared web hosting goes the wrong way. Hosts are focused to offer more and more space and bandwidth and less usability. The different tolls that anyone can use with their hosting plan are more important.

My advice to anyone is not to follow the numbers but to see what king of software applications any web host offers.

Bussiness applications makes a dot-com business to work not the traffic and space quotas

One company that I often hear brought up is Pair.com http://pair.com/services/web_hosting/ and you can see by their prices that they definitely consider themselves a much higher degree of quality (nearly 4-10 times the price of other hosts).
They're not that expensive if you really think about it. It's roughly what budget hosting was like 2-3 years back. :)

Back