• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

put old bump method back

jessi

Don't get the results I use to, hardly anything really. I get more competitor hits when I post here, which I don't want becaues they're quality sucks.. They "come and copy"

Getting to the point It's not even worth posting anymore.. food for thought

One more hint. I been in free hosting business for 10+ years, I know the game, and I know when something was changed negatively.

The trouble is everyone would bump threads which are not needed to be bumped. Besides, making a new thread is most likely wiser. :)

has it occurred to you that the competition might just bump their threads? the competition would get no better.
sorry that came out a little rude:S

again, not meaning to be rude to peo and such but if the FWS mainend was better then people might use that more instead of coming straight to the forums.

I dont think i was around when this method was in place, however i do not think a bump tool would benefit anyone on a forum of this size, if you need a topic bumped, you should wait a week and post again ( i assume you are talking about the offers forum,) Im sorry, it just comes with the package when you get a forum with 3,500 active members,

Oh and it isnt really necessary to try and draw people away from the forums by having a great front end, the forum is one of this sites greatest assets, and as a webmaster/hosting forum, it is one of the foremost of its kind, id say 7 times out of 10 people come for the great forum.

hey im not saying that the front end is perfect, peo has done a great job, but there is ( as there is with any site ) room improve the site at the front end. BUT NOT at the defecit of these forums and their massive activity.

Wait, you preferred the old "bump method"?

You'd rather make us delete the post and give a warning rather than the current system which automatically prevents bumping? :confused2

Last edited:
One more hint. I been in free hosting business for 10+ years, I know the game, and I know when something was changed negatively.
I have been a moderator here for nearly 5 years and from my end, I say it was the most positive thing we have done. It has made moderation easier and keeps it fair for all the advertisers :)

Yeah, Jan has a point, if you want advertising to be seen by all, dig up $100 and buy an ad on one of the forums

Actually I have, and my email, whatever order form they had at the time was never replied too.

Take it rude or however you want, I am all business. One thing I do know, this place had something going and now it don't, and 10 years of experience I know why. The biggest boards in the world allow the bumping and they continue to grow.... Lack of knoweldge can hurt a online site with one minor bad decision and that was made already here.

On another note:
Why don't you at least put up a section for
P2P, torrent hosting, so we can get the lamers/hackers off our real free hosting accounts to those that have a clue how to run online sites, link trades, and earn affiliate revenue? Every friggan signup wants to install
a proxy script or p2p crap...

I have been a moderator here for nearly 5 years and from my end, I say it was the most positive thing we have done. It has made moderation easier and keeps it fair for all the advertisers :)

because it made your life easier, now noone comes here anymore, and your advertising is becoming weaker and weaker.

this is a forum, did you ever look at options, if bumping bothers you, there's always or at least suppose to be alternative setups,

Jessi:

Not to be rude to you in any way, but I have been a member of this forum for quite some time now. This forum has been around for many, many years, and will as I am sure continue to be around for more years to come.

The bumping of threads in some forums is okay, but not in all. Such as Ads and offers.

Everything that Peo and the other admins/mods have done here, has happened for one reason or another, and just because someone may think it is the wrong choice, doesn't mean that it is so.

You may have 10 years plus in the hosting world, but is that alone supposed to make you more knowledgeable of how to run this forum? No, it is all out of personal opinion.

because it made your life easier, now noone comes here anymore, and your advertising is becoming weaker and weaker.
Bumping your ads was always against the rules. It has made life easier for us sure, but it also prevented others continually trying to bring their ad to the top.

Tell me which bigger free hosting forums allow bumping?

I have 20 years experience in breathing.. fear me :p

Seriously though, no bumping is all for the better. Everyone has a fair exposure chance.

jessi, if you're running an innovative business, and have been around for 10 years, why care about your competitors? I assume with that kind of longevity, your business has grown to quite a nice size, no?

Your argument makes no sense at all. You rather have unfair competition? Do you think you would be the only one bumping your thread?

Back