• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Quality dedicated server needed.

X3r0X

Hey guys,

Well it now appears I'm in the market to get a dedicated server. At the moment, the traffic on our file host has increased astronomically to some 20 000 unique hits in 3 days, and as im sharing a server with a mate of mine I think im outgrowing my welcome :p.

Anyway, as far as the server goes, I dont want the cheapest server. I dont want some bottom line box that breaks in a database under your house. I want a quality server, and I am willing to pay for a quality server. As far as payment methods go, we are currently exploring paypal and are looking to pay some months (or even a year) in advanced. Of course it will take us some time to accumulate the funds, but I'm looking into my avaliable options now.

Here is a short draft of a server that I would like to obtain:

CPU: AMD 64bit or Xeon. Mid range.

Mobo: Just a nice quality one.

Memory: High quality sticks, at least 1gb will be required.

Bandwidth: 1tb will to do begin with, but will definatley need room to increase to 10mbit unmetered and above.

Storage Space: This needs to be the highest quality thing in my server. Im looking for 250-500gb of initial storage, but it MUST be flawless. Highly accessible and quick.

Control Panel: I'm still looking into this aswell.

Management: Standard. I'm hiring my mate who manages servers to do the setup and such, so management will be basic.

Price range: To be honest, I havn't looked at a price range as of yet. We are looking to pay some $250 to $400 USD per month, but if this is too small we can easily wait a longer ammount of time to accumulate the funds.

Price Breaks: For paying in installments, if applicable.

Im looking forward to seeing all your offers shortly :).

Oh and hottweelz, dont think I've fotgotten about you. Just exploring all avenues avaliable to me here :).

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
We can offer you:

AMD

1. AMD 2800+ (64bit)
1024 MB DDR RAM
200GB SATA HDD
10mbps Unmetered Bandwidth
cPanel c/w Fantastico
3 IP Addresses
..................................................... us$168.00 monthly

Hey NetCafe,

Here's some questions for you:

1) Where abouts is the server located?
2) ssh is included?
3) What OS is included, does it come with a control panel, and if not how much for one?

Thanks for your prompt reply,
Chris

Last edited:
Chris,

My reply below:

1) Where abouts is the server located?

SAVVIS

2) ssh is included?

Root (shell access) is enabled on all our servers.

3) What OS is included, does it come with a control panel, and if not how much for one?

You have a choice of OS and CPanel is included.

Hello,

We can offer the following:

Pentium 4 3.0
1024 MB RAM
200 GB IDE HD
10 Mbps Unmetered
Choice of OS (CentOs 4, Fedora Core 3, Debian 3, FreeBSD 4/5)
Windows Available (web or standard +$25/month)
8 IP's (5 Usable)
No Setup Fee
Price - $260/month (order before April 30th only $200/month)

Pentium 4 3.0
1024 MB RAM
200 GB IDE HD
2000 GB Transfer
Choice of OS (CentOs 4, Fedora Core 3, Debian 3, FreeBSD 4/5)
Windows Available (web or standard +$25/month)
8 IP's (5 Usable)
No Setup Fee
Price - $200/month (If ordered before April 30th only $150/month)

These servers are located in our Tampa Flordia. We can also offer these servers in Texas or California, however the specs will be slightly different, as we only colocate or have contract reselling in California and Texas.

We currently are offering the following massive prepay payment deals:
Pay for 3 Months - Get 6 Months
Pay For 6 Months - Get 12 Months
Pay For 1 Year - Get 2 Years

This is a special end of the month kick off for the prepay specials, ends April 30th.

If interested in these servers, please contact me on my private email address for fastest respsonse - jdcomputes@sympatico.ca or our company address for response within 24hrs - sales@lakeshorecomputers.net

For you X3r0X, I'll throw an offer in: Special ;)

Let's see...

Pentium 820 - 2.8Ghz
2 GB DDRII 667mhz
One 500GB SATA II (3.02gbps)
1,000 Mbps public uplink
2,000 GB Bandwidth
cPanel/WHM with Fantastico and RVskin

$289.00 per month. $0 Setup Fee.
Informart http://www.infomartusa.com/ DataCenter

Oh im such a loved child :).

Will definatley consider all offers posted here. It basically depends on how long we are willing to wait on our current server and how much money we will accumulate via adsense. Have to admit hottweelz, thats a mighty fine server ;).

More offers welcome,
Chris

X3r0X said:
Oh im such a loved child :).

Will definatley consider all offers posted here. It basically depends on how long we are willing to wait on our current server and how much money we will accumulate via adsense. Have to admit hottweelz, thats a mighty fine server ;).

More offers welcome,
Chris

I forgot, we offer a 20% Refund if the server is not rolled out and handed off to you within 4 hours of payment.

hottweelz said:
I forgot, we offer a 20% Refund if the server is not rolled out and handed off to you within 4 hours of payment.
Ill make sure to catch you while you sleep :). Just joking, nice to see you care about your response time.

X3r0X said:
Im looking forward to seeing all your offers shortly :).
Here you go! (All servers come with: Direct Admin, 8 IPs, Remote Reboot, 10mbps port). More info at: http://intekhosting.com

Pentium 4 650
1 GB RAM
80 GB SATA + 400 GB SATA
2000GB transfer (1000GB in+1000 GB out)
$25.00 Setup and $174.00/mo

Dual-Core AMD Athlon X2 3800
1 GB RAM
80 GB SATA + 400GB SATA
2000GB transfer (1000GB in+1000 GB out)
$25.00 Setup and $229.00/mo

Pay for 1 year and receive $20 off/mo and 1 month free! Pay for 2 years and receive $20 off/mo and 3 months free!
$200 additional setup will give an additional $20/mo off.

Upgrades:
100mbps port: $10/mo
additional 1 GB RAM: $25 setup + $ 25/mo
cPanel: $25 setup and $35/mo
1000GB bandwidth (500in+500out): $125/mo
10mbps unmetered: $350/mo
100mbps unmetered: $2500/mo

Setup about 120 min after payment. We have higher end servers if you like, contact us at sales@intekhosting.com

Last edited:
Opteron 165
1GB Ram
2x 250GB SATA Hard Drives
100Mbit Port
9 Ip Addresses
2 Terabytes Transfer
RedHat Enterprise ES 4 32 or 64 bit

Level III Management Lite Package (1 Hour Per month)

$99 Setup $224/mo
or
$25 Setup $244/mo

Upgrades:
1GB Ram $20/mo
Direct Admin $14/mo
Plesk Unlimited + Power Pack $20/mo
Cpanel/Fantastico/Rvskins $25/mo
Level III Management No Technician Hourly Limit + $20/mo (Reduces setup fee by $25 as well)
Gigabit Port Upgrade $10/mo

Management Definitions:
www.availnetworks.net/management.html

Tos/Privacy/Faq
www.availnetworks.net/tos.html
www.availnetworks.net/privacy.html
www.availnetworks.net/faq.html

Hello,
We would like to offer:
$184/Mo. + $239/Setup
DUAL XEON 2.8Ghz
2GB ECC RAM
250GB SATA II Drive
1200GB DATA Transfer on 100Mbps port
or
Unmetered 10Mbps dedicated port
Choice of SuSE 10 or Fedora 5
1 Static IP
24/7 Support
We own our Data Centers in San Diego

We can also provide 1000Mbps ports/Load Balancing/Private cabinets and cages

Thanks for the offers everyone, they will all be considered :).

More are welcome, however you have a tough crowd to beat ;).

AvailNetworks said:
hey I just got back from your country not too long ago X3r0X....nice place you have there :D
Yeah, as much as I dislike Alexa, it was kind enough to rank me 15,000th odd today on their daily rankings. Getting a variety of referrals now, so hopefully we can get more stable traffic.

EDIT: Haha, completley misread your post. Yes, our country is nice! :p.

Last edited:
This isn't an offer more of a helping hand

LayeredTech currently have some specials running you can spec this machine out for $324 Monthly

Dual Intel Xeon 3GHz HT
400GB HDD
10MBPS Unmetered (3300GB)
100MBPS Uplink
2GB RAM
5 IP Addresses
$19 Setup Fee

Just a heads up

Thats a kewl specs you have there but you NEVER go with LT if you are not sure on how to manage a server. LT charges about $75) an hour to fix "problems".

Be prepared to pay an arm and a leg if you expect any FREE help from their Tech.

leyther said:
This isn't an offer more of a helping hand

LayeredTech currently have some specials running you can spec this machine out for $324 Monthly

Dual Intel Xeon 3GHz HT
400GB HDD
10MBPS Unmetered (3300GB)
100MBPS Uplink
2GB RAM
5 IP Addresses
$19 Setup Fee

Just a heads up

I have never had ANY problems with LT except one abuse report which was sorted within 6 hours.

Support for me was fast and accurate. Never got charged either on ANY support they just pointed me in the right direction

Although you MUST know what your doing else you will have no hope with LT

Fantastic Spec though ;)

Back