• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Quality or Quantity

Quality or Quantity

• Quality

Votes: 47 88.7%
  • Quantity

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters
Quality is always important. It wouldn't hurt to have quantity as long as quality is there.

People probably say they want quality but usually only pay for quantity... Thats why there are so many oversellers out there

jasontd101 said:
Quality is the one everyone seeks for but quantity is the one which gets you orders as quality is observed by customers only after getting a deal.

You can sell quality as well.. and can be more successful at it than selling quantity.

TJR Networks said:
Quality is the most important factor. However, I think that a lot of people are blinded by what looks like a great deal when hosts claim to offer huge amounts of space and transfer and they forget about download speeds, uptime and the load on the server. :)

I second that. Uptime and customer support is the key that i am seeking for. :)

It is strange that everyone voted for quality but when it comes to buy hosting must people follow the big numbers that providers claim they offer.

Very well said aeromit...
Here everyone is voting for quality but when it comes to hosting they opt for quantity. They expect more and want to pay less.

It's hard to say, when people request hosting and I leave offers I try to give a balance. Quality & Quantity. I like to give the best offers, & features for the best prices aswell. But sometimes I see hosts giving insane prices for hosting, and I can't match them because that's way to crazy.

Like this offer;
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showpost.php?p=742218&postcount=15
(No offence bud)

But seriously how would a host match that price.

So yeah there's times where you gotta' sacrafice a customer because you can't compete with the insane price giving hosts out there. But, then you get the other customer with experience in webhosting, and will spend that extra dollar to get quality, reliability, support, speed, etc and not just look at the price but also look at the providers potential.

So, at the end of the day. I can't really vote for neither. Because I guess a host has to keep a balance.

Yes, have you not read anything Rosmatis? Jeesh! If two companys provided the same amount of space and they both had the best quality of services, they would go for the one that offered cheaper.

i have read it lol the thing is that there are many companies in freewebspace.net and loads of people go for the quantity even if they find something they needed and it has very good quality but they get an offer of lots more space they will leave the quality and go for quantity.. fu

True, true. I think people say they will go for quality, when they really think the space matters more.

no, space doesnt matter mor, most poeple ask for 100 MB space. they use about 50 at most. and a new site uses only (well under 50 mb;s of bandidth a month. when my first site started it used 10 mb's of bandwdth a month......

I wouldn't worry about trying to match that price. I look at that and think automatically that it's a rip-off (No offense bud, whoever you are), if it seems to be too good to be true it probably is.

What I have seen on the web in the past, oh fifteen years or so, is that those that are into it for the long haul, offer more realistic prices with realistic offers. They will still be here in the next ten or more years.

Getting rich quick, isn't all it's cracked up to be. Now granted, they may make a lot of money from the gitgo because they will sign up a lot of young people who are eager and greedy; however, my personal opinion is that if you wait them out, and stick to your ideals, you will still be here and they will be a memory.

It's just like some of the ISP's around. Many of them start out with a big bang and they try to undercut everybody elses offers. What happens is that they end up overloaded and eventually people get sick and tired and leave. And 1 unsatisfied customer, running their mouths will generate at least 10 negative opinions of a business, whether it is a valid complaint or not. I think on the web, it would probably be 100 times that and quicker to boot.

Keep your quality and be patient. If you are truly offering good service at a good price, time will take care of the issue.

Growth, too quickly is just as bad as no growth at all.

My two cents.

Steph

Chief said:
It's hard to say, when people request hosting and I leave offers I try to give a balance. Quality & Quantity. I like to give the best offers, & features for the best prices aswell. But sometimes I see hosts giving insane prices for hosting, and I can't match them because that's way to crazy.

Like this offer;
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showpost.php?p=742218&postcount=15
(No offence bud)

But seriously how would a host match that price.

So yeah there's times where you gotta' sacrafice a customer because you can't compete with the insane price giving hosts out there. But, then you get the other customer with experience in webhosting, and will spend that extra dollar to get quality, reliability, support, speed, etc and not just look at the price but also look at the providers potential.

So, at the end of the day. I can't really vote for neither. Because I guess a host has to keep a balance.

That might be true, temporarily.

When I first started doing a web page, I looked for free hosting, simply because I didn't know anything about programming, cgi, html, javascript, pixels, web safe colors, formatting, etc, etc.

Then I learned a little bit and I got more comfortable. After I got a couple of free web hosts, I figured out that they were all pretty much the same, with a few little quirks here and there. Getting your pages uploaded, writing your pages, adding any scripts or whatever, was basically the same process regardless of what they offered.

Then I decided to by a domain name. Now that was an experience. I had to find out what a nameserver was and all of that jazz.

Then I had to find a web host. Of course, I'm looking for the cheapest one on the block. Cpanel looks like greek to me. I've only had to upload my files through either ftp or a file manager and now I've got scripts!!!! Click here and add this, click here and configure this! Wow!

I stuck with the same host for two years, not doing too much of anything except experimenting with my web pages and graphics and stuff. But, hey, I had my own domain name!

Now, here in the very near future, Hubby and I are starting a couple of not- for-profit organizations. I've got enough experience to make me dangerous. I'm still learning cpanel ins and outs. But at least at this point, I've got an idea of what to look for and what not to look for. I've begun to learn what all of those programming abbreviations represent and why I should need some of them and not others. It doesn't mean that I know how to program them (or write codes), but it does mean that I know what kind of person I need to hire to do what, when and if, I need it.

When we get our sites put up, do you suppose that we are going to stick with a cheap host with lots of space just because they are cheap???

No, I'm going to look for a host that actually has good customer service. And if they are less expensive but have good hosting that is a bonus, but less expensive is the last thing I will look for.

When my sites help bring in the money, I want a site that will be there when someone with generous pockets wants to donate. When someone needs our help I want my site to be up and running rather than leaving them in the middle of a crisis. A lot of people will be depending upon whether or not they can contact us.

So for the learning process, it doesn't really matter as much about quality vs. quantity, but when my livelihood depends upon it, and when the welfare and wellbeing of entire families demand it, you'd better believe I'm going after quality.

Steph

rosmatis said:
i have read it lol the thing is that there are many companies in freewebspace.net and loads of people go for the quantity even if they find something they needed and it has very good quality but they get an offer of lots more space they will leave the quality and go for quantity.. fu

Well,
I know for us it was never an issue starting out and we normally went with the cheaper company but after a while and outages...etc We realized VERY fast that it was so much more worthwhile for us to spend an extra $50-$100.00 more per month to never worry about those problems.

We left the Savvis DC and moved all of our equipment into the Staminus Datacenter in California. Now days we spend almost triple what most hosts spend for their dedicated servers but our network availability hasn't fallen below 100% in 2 1/2 yrs. Our servers have since had 5 scheduled reboots over 2 yrs and those have been due to kernel upgrades/memory upgrades to the boxes. The money we spend is well worth it, we offer 24 hour support and with over 300 customers we barely get 1 ticket a week.

That for us was worth every penny we spend considering we used to spend almost $1000.00/month less at Savvis and had 150 less customers and our workload was 10x as much.

Quality all the way. Even if the price is high, the people who depend on it. Will pay for it.

Back