• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question about internet connection

relix

I was looking at a couple of sites to get a general price for 10mbps connection in USA. What does it usually cost?

Also, is 10mbps enough to run a small website? How does mbps work?

Was just wondering and would be thankful if someone could help me out.

Kevin

Are you looking at a server with a 10MB?

If it's one 'small website' then a basic shared hosting account is all you need.

Last edited:
I am not looking for a hosting account but am asking a connection about internet connection.

A 10mbps line means its 10 megabits per second but is that fast enough to run a website with a forum and some other things?

Many hosts here have 10mbps line with 100mbps port. I am just asking about general information related to internet connection and price.

(i dont wanna rent a server but physically want to own the server)

are you talking tier 1 bandwidth?? because often some broadband providers dont allow remote servers just to let you know :)

Well, in the case of a shared hosting service a 10 mbps network is more than enough to handle, however if you are looking to own your physical server then i guess it will be very hard to acess it.:angel:

If you are looking to get a 10mbps (ten mega bit per second) connection on a dedicated server, it will run 10-20 sites fine. 10mbps unmetered is about 3.3TB of tranfer.

On your question - Yes, you will be fine to use a 10mbps connection to run your site. And the normal price for that is anywhere from $38.49 to $138.49.

Back