• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question for paid hosts

I have a question for a lot of the hosts here.
Could you please spam less and participate more to the forums?
If you participate in a possitif way and you put your url in your signature, you might get more clients then by just spamming here.
I really agree with this.

The Original Gangstas! The ones that were super active in the glory years about a decade ago:
phrozen, trenzterra, giancarlo, blank verse, dusty, Meow, toefur, coolin, gayowulf, tandoc, murat, etc etc etc

Those were the days!

Can't we write them an email or something?
So we can ask them to return.

I didn't check the forums since yesterday evening, so about 12 hours or so has passed. I got on there this morning to see 3 new posts.... THREE. And two of those three were just ads... SMH.

But yes, in the vBulletin AdminCP, there is a "Send Email to Users" option where a mass email could be sent. The admin can choose specific groups of members and/or filter the recipients based on post count, join date, etc. Of course some of those old members probably don't check the email accounts anymore that are associated with their user IDs here. But, it may still get the attention of some and encourage a much needed boost of activity.

@Peo, @Jan

Is there anything I can do on my end to help?
I'm hyped about getting this place jump started again?

The only way to get a discussion going is to start talking. :idea:

Sending out an email to previously very active members could be an idea. Maybe a yearly newsletter to remind people that fws is still here. A lot of those old members visited when they were teenagers and used free hosting. Now they have found other interests so I don't think many of those will return.

I'm trying to generate discussion....

I think sending an email to everybody that has 1000+ posts or something would be great.

Yes, I think 1000+ could work. I'll look into how that vBulletin email thing works.

The Original Gangstas! The ones that were super active in the glory years about a decade ago:
phrozen, trenzterra, giancarlo, blank verse, dusty, Meow, toefur, coolin, gayowulf, tandoc, murat, etc etc etc

Those were the days!
Life happens. They were kids back then. They are all grown up now and maybe have their own kids pestering them for a facebook account :p

You forgot YUPAPA!

I wish we could have a nice big fresh bunch of new members, participating in forum discussions, not just spamming.

Back