• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Questions on Paid Hosting

.Joe.

Yours Truly
NLC
Okay, now I don't know if this is the correct forum but if it isn't I'm terribly sorry you can move it with your authority.

Now to my question:
Okay say I have 20GIGS of webspace and 80GIGS of bandwidth but I want to be a reseller so I cut my space can I do that? Like can I make my purchased host and use the space, bandwidth, etc. and resell it to different people?

If you don't understand what I'm trying to get across sorry, but I can't explain it that clearly.

Thank You,
- ChiefHostingSolutions

Well you would want to purchase a reseller hosting package, witch would allow you to sell using a special control panel the hosting space you purchased.

If your host allows it you can, however if your package is not a reseller plan then you will not be able to provide your customers with a control panel, at most they will only get an FTP account.

as inceptiongs.com said if you have whm you can do it, if not you would need it to be able to offer toplevel domain hosting with controlpanels.

Okay, I know WHM, but I mean okay with out the control panel (Pretend it's not there) how would I resell my space?

I would suggest against it. Just get a reseller package which includes cPanel/WHM, you can grab a decent sized reseller for a good price if you look in the offers section.

Yes. Unless you know the ins and outs of Apache, httpd.conf and your current OS, I would suggest against doing without a CP. Also takes less time.

Last edited:
Alright, I guess I'm going to go with cPanel/WHM then :p Thanks guys! If I have more questions I'll post them here.

Again...Thanks!

What are you doing at the moment for ChiefHosting?

Edit: Don't worry about answering that. I've worked it out based on the plan specs on the site. :)

TJR Networks said:
What are you doing at the moment for ChiefHosting?

Edit: Don't worry about answering that. I've worked it out based on the plan specs on the site. :)

What do you mean?

I'm try to make reseller plans for my clients.

A WHM/cPanel reseller cannot create reseller accounts. You need to have root level to create a reseller account.

There is an option in the Reseller Center of WHM where you can make a reseller able to create more resellers I believe.

Back