• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Quickly needing a host..

penguman

I need a quick host, that has msn messenger. I need a plan that has roughly:

200mb Disk Space
5gig bandwidth
For $1.00 USD monthly.

The last host I had a few hours ago cheated me, and I'm in need of a new host ASAP.

The msn is for support just incase things happen urgently.

You must accept paypal, and note that the budget will end up increasing $10-20 usd monthly asap.

Thanks.

Hello,

I can create a custom plan to those specs for $1/mo. Do you have aim or yim or strictly msn?

bitsnbobs said:
has msn messenger [...] The msn is for support just incase things happen urgently.
Requiring MSN messenger limits your choices dramatically. Any host that offers true 24/7 support should be able to respond to emails/tickets/forum postings just as quickly (just note that there is no way you will get 24/7 support for $1 per month, no matter what the host claims they offer).

For $1.00 USD monthly.

The last host I had a few hours ago cheated me, and I'm in need of a new host ASAP.
Unless you increase your starting budget, this will probably keep happening unfortunately. No serious host will even consider posting an offer for $1 per month, which leaves you with school kids trying to make a quick buck. For your own sake, choose an established host that has been around at least 18 months and has realistic prices otherwise you will find this sort of thing happening over and over again. :)

Good luck with your search. :)

Hello,
We can provide:
Plan name: Lighter
Web Space: 500 MB Web Space
Monthly Transfer: 5,000 MB Transfer
Unlimited mysql databases
Email accounts: 35
Subdomains: 10
FTP Accounts: 15
Anonymous ftp: 15
$1.88 approx per month
Around for almost 2 years
99.9% Uptime Guarantee
Fantastico Deluxe
14 Day Money Back Guarantee
cPanel
24/7 Email support
View this now at http://www.need-space.co.uk/hosting/lighter.php
Accept paypal and 2checkout (credit cards)

MSN: support (AT) need-space.co.uk
Let us know if you have any questions.
Regards

I'll give it to you for free
my email is admin@cheapneasy.net

Im normally a paid host, but your request is very small, and I can do it for no charge.... but any upgrades will be charged.

Yes i accept paypal, and have MSN

Last edited:
Hello,

We at SiKo-Hosting can offer you the following:
200mb Space
5gb Bandwidth
Everything else unlimited
$1.33 or $1/month if you pay quaterly. or 100mb space for $1/month

MSN: egortarabasov@hotmail.com
Contact me on msn if you would like this plan.

PeerlessHost can offer you the following custom plan:

300 MB of space
5000 MB of bandwidth
Host 2 Domains!
Unlimited FTP, Subdomains, MySQL
cPanel w/ Fantastico!
$1.00/month when paid yearly

Visit us at:
http://peerlesshost.com

PM me or talk to me on live chat and request for Jason if you're interested.

Last edited:
TJR Networks said:
Unless you increase your starting budget, this will probably keep happening unfortunately. No serious host will even consider posting an offer for $1 per month, which leaves you with school kids trying to make a quick buck. :)

Thanks TJR for at least offering some "sound advice"
I am more appalled everytime I visit forums nowdays. This is really absurd.
:spider:

TJR Networks said:
Unless you increase your starting budget, this will probably keep happening unfortunately. No serious host will even consider posting an offer for $1 per month, which leaves you with school kids trying to make a quick buck. For your own sake, choose an established host that has been around at least 18 months and has realistic prices otherwise you will find this sort of thing happening over and over again. :)

Good luck with your search. :)

funny you should say that seeing your plans start at 14.99/yr .....

A valid concern guys. However, we do not accept monthly payments for this plan (only annual payments) and it is not a fully featured plan. Our regular hosting plans start at US$29.99 per year. We also don't claim to offer live 24/7 support for that price, which appears to be a requirement of bitsnbobs. :)

However, we do not accept monthly payments for this plan (only annual payments)
What difference does that make? Its still $14.99 a year ~ $1.25 per month. Costs are costs, annually or monthly, it still costs the same for you to provide the service.
No serious host will even consider posting an offer for $1 per month, which leaves you with school kids trying to make a quick buck.
I guess you therefore come under your own defination.

I'm afraid you don't quite get my point. Let me illustrate it to you:

Imagine host one charges $1 per month:

If they are using PayPal to process payments, then $0.30 must be subtracted, as well as 2.9%. Therefore, the host is left with $0.67 each month.

Or alternatively, if they are using 2CheckOut to process the payments, then $0.45 must be subtracted, as well as 5.5%. Therefore the host is left with $0.50 each month.

If you look at this from an annual perspective, then the amount the host ends up with is $8.04 or $6.00 respectively.

Next consider host two charges $15 per year:

After deducting processing fees, they end up with $14.26 or $13.73 respectively. You also need to consider the fact that selling a plan like this monthly may mean that the customer decides to cancel after two or three months.

If you can't understand why I said that no serious host would make an offer at $1 per month paid monthly, especially when it looks that bitsnbobs expects live support, you are obviously very different to the vast majority of the population, who I believe would be of the same opinion as me. :)

nsuk said:
No serious host will even consider posting an offer for $1 per month, which leaves you with school kids trying to make a quick buck
I guess you therefore come under your own defination.

1) 15/12 is effectively $1.25 per month, but we don't offer a monthly payment option so it is $15 per year.
2) TJR Networks has been operating since January 2005, not as long as some other hosts, but at the same time, significantly longer than most of the hosts offering hosting here and long enough to prove that we have no intention of making a quick buck and shutting down.
3) In addition TJR Networks is not operated by school students.

In the end it is up to the individual host to decide how it wants to run its business. However, ultimately it is the hosts that disappear after a few months that charge $1 per month. :)

we have no intention of making a quick buck and shutting down.
Well it seems to me that you are trying to make your company seem more capable subliminally. Your statements do not even make sense. Look at the likes of Dreamhost. They offer plans from $10 per year, but are they just kiddy hosts looking for a "quick buck" no. Although Dreamhost may not be the best example, they certainly are not the worst.
Also I think it is you that is missing the point. Costs are costs.
For you to generalize and say that everyone that charges about $1 per month is a kiddy host looking for a quick buck is completely wrong. Ever heard of bulk selling? Not to mention the fact that people who purchase $1 per month plans usually register for 12 months anyway.
Also i did not see you mention anywhere about the disk space allocations. Are you trying to say that someone offering 10mb space shouldnt charge $1?
I think you need to get your fact correct before you start discussing something of which you do not know a lot about.
I see you giving a lot of "advice" on these forums (which is usually welcomed) but the majority of it is just your personal opinion, that is not backed up by facts at all, and usually is used simply to enhance the appearance of your company.

Last edited:
Well I'd have to agree with TJR but on the other side we are in between. We do offer $1.95/Month plans. Although, going lower than that would be worthless imo. Not worth my time and not worth the processing time of 3 seconds on my server to add the user :) Most customers we get at $1.95 do signup for a year but then again we have A LOT that do not. We end up with 1.50 or so and even though it isn't worth it, it is to us. People talk, the more people we host....The more people who talk and buy bigger plans.

So I think you both make valid points but everyone on this board spends too much time worrying about everyone else. WHO CARES? If they suck, if you suck, people will know. It really doesn't matter how much you defend yourself or make a point to make others understand your not a kiddy host....It is just like I have said before. If you suck and you don't charge enough to keep running....At some point one of us reputable hosts will have your customers. The worse you do, the better for me :)

Last edited:
ecsportal is correct, there is no point on debating this further. My advice seems to have been blown out of proportion and I'm not going to spend any more time justifying points of disagreement.

I'm sure that bitsnbobs will take on both my advice and yours when deciding on hosting, and ultimately that will lead them to making a better decision. :)

Ever-Host can satisfy your needs, if you increase your budget a bit more.

200MB Space
5,000MB Bandwidth
cPanel/Fantastico
Customer Support
24/7 Monitoring Support Technician ($7.50/mo. +)
99.9% Uptime

Paypal, Major Credit Cards, E-Checks Accepted.
(Credit Cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover)
Payments: 2.75$/mo. OR 30.25$/yr. (Save 1 Month!)

If interested contact us on the forums (via personal message) or e-mail us at services@ever-host.com. We hope you take this offer into consideration.

Thank you,
Ever-host.

Back