• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Quote for small server

heymrdj

The Debian Lover
NLC
Looking for a small server for shoutcast+IRC. EDIT: ACCEPTING VPS OFFERS TOO.

1-2Ghz or around should be fine

512MB of ram

At least 15GB HD, but the bigger the drive the better

At least 3 usable IP's, 5 preferred, and easy enough to order more IP's if i need them

500GB BW with room to upgrade to 2TB when needed

100mbs connection

Debian based linux (Debian Sarge preferred) but other flavors will do

Free OS reloads (not that I'll need it that much, but I may need 1 or two the first month as I test out

no panel necessary, just full root
EDIT: if you have a free or cheap panel that has phpmyadmin or the like so I can easily add a site and a few checkup and status scripts, I would appreciate that being thrown in.

No price range, just seeing some offeres right now for the project. Please make sure that you can truly allow IRC before you offer.

Don't forget i was a host once, I do have an idea what I'm looking for. But I will take any advice if you wish to give it. If you need to know more about my plans, just say so, I'll post more details about them.

Thanks alot :D.

Last edited:
Xtreme Solutions Would Like to offer you the following Economy Server:

CPU : 2200+ AMD Sempron
RAM : 512MB PC3200
HDD : 40GB
IPs: 1 Free (32 max)
Bandwidth : 1000GB

Os Available:

Fedora Core
1, 2, 3, 4
CentOS
3.x, 4.x
FreeBSD
4.x, 5.x
Slackware
OpenBSD
NetBSD

Your monthly cost $69.99 monthly. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions for me.

Regards,

Demetris

Last edited:
Hi heymrdj

Funny enough I will have this server tomorrow, I can call down the DC in the morning/afternoon & hook it up, its a UK DC (not sure if your looking for that?). Will take around 40 minutes to get everything up & running (it should arrive around noon GMT). The server itself was going to be used for a mail server but your welcome to use it if needed since I have some spare P4's around. Bandwidth wont be the cheapest but as you know, you get what you pay for & UK bandwidth is known to be quality.

Since its UK let me know & I can give further details.

Hi heymrdj

Funny enough I will have this server tomorrow, I can call down the DC in the morning/afternoon & hook it up, its a UK DC (not sure if your looking for that?). Will take around 40 minutes to get everything up & running (it should arrive around noon GMT). The server itself was going to be used for a mail server but your welcome to use it if needed since I have some spare P4's around. Bandwidth wont be the cheapest but as you know, you get what you pay for & UK bandwidth is known to be quality.

Since its UK let me know & I can give further details.

Thx for the generous offer, but I'm just attaining quotes to submit to the other admins of the site to talk about affording it all. The purchase will probably be another month.

I have been out of the loop a bit. If you think there's a VPS offer that would suit my needs, you can throw that in as well.

I remember having a server lying around with these specs:

2.0 ghz Celeron
256MB RAM
80gb HD
100mbps Port
500GB Bandwidth
$59.99/month or $49.99/month with 10mbps Port.
E-Mail: admin@sikohosting.co.uk if interested.

I remember having a server lying around with these specs:

2.0 ghz Celeron
256MB RAM
80gb HD
100mbps Port
500GB Bandwidth
$59.99/month or $49.99/month with 10mbps Port.
E-Mail: admin@sikohosting.co.uk if interested.

Nice looking offer but I gotta have more info.

Support?
OS's?
DC connections?
available cp's?

Gotta have all the information when you post guys. Thanks

Hey DJ,

I can offer you the following server :

Intel P3 1GHz
512MB RAM
20GB HDD
1000GB bandwidth
100mbit port
3IPs
Debian Sarge 3.1
$50/mo

You can add DirectAdmin for $14/mo or you can install Webmin/VHCS yourself.

IRC is allowed. Additional IP's cost $1.5/mo per IP.

DC location - Frankfurt, Germany.

Hit me on MSN or PM/Email me if you need further information.

Regards,
Amaresh

Nice looking offer but I gotta have more info.

Support? - Free OS Reloads, 6 Support Systems (YIM,AIM,MSN,E-Mail, Ticket, Telephone).
OS's? - CentOS 4.x, Fedora 5,6, Debian 3.1 or Windows Server for $30/month
DC connections? - internap/cogent
available cp's? - Cpanel, DirectAdmin, VCHS and Webmin

Gotta have all the information when you post guys. Thanks

Operosting can offer you the following...

VPS Plan: LA-4
• CPU: 100%
• RAM: 512 MB
• Transfer: 256 GB/mo
• HDD: 20 GB
• IPs: 4
Price: €33.99/month

You can host IRC/Adult content on your VPS. You can upgrade to one of our dedicated server plans at anytime. Please not that our VPS are connected via a 10Mbps line but our dedicated servers are connected via a 100Mbps line and a shared 1 Gbps line.

Control Panels
• DirectAdmin: €9.99/mo - (Min. 256 MB RAM)
• cPanel: €14.99/mo - (Min. 512 MB RAM)

Special Offers - Contact Us Before Purchasing
• 6 Months - Free cPanel or Free DirectAdmin or 1.5x HDD
• 12 Months - 2x HDD

Ok, as per our conversation on MSN, I can offer you the server with the exact specs, however with a 40GB HDD in lieu of the 20 GB HDD for $59/mo.

And we can work out a solution regarding installation of the control panel as well.

So is this all the quotes. If it is I'll submit to the admins. I'm beginning BETA testing of our two setups tomorrow on this home Debian Sarge server I have.

Back