• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Re: Plans

XT-iZac

Well...I was just looking at some of the plans...Just realized i offer currently 3 Plans, at instant Activation...meaning they are created as soon as the guy registers..Should i open more plans then i already have? And if i do, should i open up a forum to make them post for the additional plans?

My Current Plans Are:

Slow Speed Package:
1000 MB Space
10000 Bandwidth
FTP Accounts: 1
Email Accounts: 1
Emailing Lists: 1
Databases: 1
Sub-Domain: 1
Parked Domains & Addon Domains: 0
CGI: Yes
FrontPage : Yes
cPanel Theme: x3

Medium Speed Package:
5000 MB Space
15000 Bandwidth
FTP Accounts: 5
Email Accounts: 5
Emailing Lists: 5
Databases: 5
Sub-Domain: 5
Parked Domains & Addon Domains: 0

Fast Speed Package:
10000 MB Space
20000 Bandwidth
FTP Accounts: 10
Email Accounts: 10
Emailing Lists: 10
Databases: 10
Sub-Domain: 10
Parked Domains & Addon Domains: 1 Each

Thanks & Regards,
Isaac

You were thinking to offer larger plans in exchange for post2host, while those 3 are currently given for 2 forced or self-placed linkbacks no matter the plan, if I understand right ? Or is there some other compensation required that isn't clear until one actually signs up ?
The plans are already quite large IMO, for something you'd expect to get free and hopefully last a while.

Maybe you could change the names and descriptions though.
As they stand, they seem to sort of suggest the smaller ones are "slow" and unproper for anything more than casual use when, unless there's some technical limitations involved in the background it shouldn't be particularly true. They just have less space, bandwidth and extra features, right ?

They'll draw the client in but the packages are HUGE, they'll be open to abuse and phising, I would make them smaller if you ask me.

Also get rid of the instant activation, do it manually and make sure to put certain fields in, which can identify this between that. - Or you will be in serious trouble in terms of keeping your web host up.

I suggest you start all your customers out on your minimum package, and allow them to upgrade their plan when they reach 80% or so of capacity/usage. The upgrades could be free, require ads, require posting or cost money, however you see fit.

I suggest you start all your customers out on your minimum package, and allow them to upgrade their plan when they reach 80% or so of capacity/usage. The upgrades could be free, require ads, require posting or cost money, however you see fit.

Quite a good suggestion....Infact, i am probably thinking of putting ads....Didn't expect the response to be this great. Furthermore...I realize that many people register and don't use the site. Should i just suspend/terminate them? The main problem is that after sending them emails regarding this, they don't respond. I am at a loss...do you guys have any suggestions?

Furthermore...I realize that many people register and don't use the site. Should i just suspend/terminate them? The main problem is that after sending them emails regarding this, they don't respond. I am at a loss...do you guys have any suggestions?
It is common practice in free hosting to terminate accounts that haven't seen at least a login to the acp or some hits on their websites for a while. I don't think anybody will look at you funny if you do it as long as you mention it in your TOS and aren't overzealous, especially if you mail reminders to people.

Is there some way people can terminate their account themselves easily (with some safety measure of course) ? I know I usually use it when it's available and I know I'll no longer be using an account at all.

post2host = for sad geeks , normal free hosting with nothing , now thats a nice person , and yeh maybe you should give us more packages more , MYSQL etc

It is common practice in free hosting to terminate accounts that haven't seen at least a login to the acp or some hits on their websites for a while. I don't think anybody will look at you funny if you do it as long as you mention it in your TOS and aren't overzealous, especially if you mail reminders to people.

Is there some way people can terminate their account themselves easily (with some safety measure of course) ? I know I usually use it when it's available and I know I'll no longer be using an account at all.

If anyone uses WHMCS here....Do they happen to know where to settings to prevent one account from requesting more than one hosting account is?

Back