• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reason for being banned

Nug

Mah Gituar Rox
NLC
Can you put something on banned members profile, so people can see why they were banned and for how long? :eek2:

Why would you want to see if they are banned?
If you were banned, would you like all the members to see why?

the only thing worth doing in this case would be maybe to have a forum where banned members may post a leaving note with contact details etc... and any details he cared to add in.

However, the potential for staff abuse and flaming is high, and the usage would be too low to merit it really ;)

They were banned for a reason - nuff said.. If your banned you have no right to "leave your contact information"

Just my thought.

Adam

They were banned for a reason - nuff said.. If your banned you have no right to "leave your contact information"

Just my thought.

Adam

What if you were in the middle of a discussion with someone using PM and they were suddenly banned; and you couldn't continue?

Happened with me once. Wasn't fair.

Yeah, but it's not my fault if they got banned is it? Just because FWS says that they shouldn't be allowed to post on the board doesn't mean that I shouldn't be allowed to continue to speak to them.

In most cases you would still be able to contact them through their website, msn etc.

If they break the rules enough to get banned then it's their own problem and if they want to contact you to continue the conversation then it's up to you to make sure that information is available for them on your website.

Yes. Even if you are in the middle of a discussion, if you break the rules you shouldn't have to access the community and the discussion would have to be taken elsewhere.

Why would you want to see if they are banned?
If you were banned, would you like all the members to see why?

I guess not, I just often see members are banned and I wonder why :eek2:

Is there a certain number of infractions you have to recieve before a banning (excluding extreme cases) or is it at the staffs discretion ?

A normal infraction will result in 1 or 2 points while more abusive behaviour (pm spam for instance) will result in 5 points. When your infractions reach a total of 10 points you get banned. Warnings will not get you any points and won't result in a ban.

Each offence also have an expiration date between 1-120 days, normally 30 days. The length of the ban depends on when your points will expire. If you reach a total of 10 infractions you get banned for a month. Special cases might differ from these normal examples and might result in a longer or shorter ban. Extreme cases including spammers will obviously get an instant ban and will not be allowed back.

Back