• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review of Zoomcities *bad review*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate but you need to understand fully what "company" means, because it looks like you dont.. You need to use spell checker as well

We dont sell nor trade products, we only offer free hosting to community members, simple as that.

There is nothing wrong with my spelling i don't think so. And be for you have a go at me you could do with one your self as dont is don't :eek2:.

I need to look at you site when i have time and fully under stand what you offer to clients (Not clients at your site yes i know).

There is nothing wrong with my spelling i don't think so. And be for you have a go at me you could do with one your self as dont is don't :eek2:.

Well I am not going point these things to you, you should find it out yourself, you don't know even know when you are making a mistake or not, even for small things like spelling.

I need to look at you site when i have time and fully under stand what you offer to clients (Not clients at your site yes i know).

Thats sad, you suddenly joined a conversation without knowing in depth what you are getting involved with and you start making comments and assumptions without understanding what's going on. Sad

$39.00 Reseller Hosting!
ZoomCities is offering Affordable Fast and Reliable Reseller Hosting!

You trade..... All sings of your site say your a company. I am done with you as we will just be going round and round and i have better things to do in my time then telling a company its a company when it dose not think its one.

Thats a punctuation error, not a spelling error. You keep making spelling mistakes on your words.

Examples:

I am falling (failing) to see how you not selling any think (thing) dose (does) not make you a company.

You trade free products what makes you a company or what ever you like to call your self (should be yourself).

Or (are goes here) you trying to say you do not trade products?

Since you apparently don't think you spelled anything wrong, I'm going to assume English is your main language and your just not out of the second or third grade yet. Because if English was not your main language you would have admitted you might have spelled a few things wrong.

And if you had no idea what he was offering, why post at all in the first place. You just make yourself look like a fool.

Edit: Just in case he changes it:

I am falling to see how you not selling any think dose not make you a company.

You trade free products what makes you a company or what ever you like to call your self.

Or you trying to say you do not trade products?

Last edited:
$39.00 Reseller Hosting!
ZoomCities is offering Affordable Fast and Reliable Reseller Hosting!

You trade..... All sings of your site say your a company. I am done with you as we will just be going round and round and i have better things to do in my time then telling a company its a company when it dose not think its one.

That was a temporary offer long time ago, we dont do that full time, what we do full time is offer free hosting to members. Selling temp stuff like that does not make us a company, if thats how you define it. You need to get your head straight on top of your shoulders kid

Thats a punctuation error, not a spelling error. You keep making spelling mistakes on your words.

Examples:

Since you apparently don't think you spelled anything wrong, I'm going to assume English is your main language and your just not out of the second or third grade yet. Because if English was not your main language you would have admitted you might have spelled a few things wrong.

Yes point taken.. Typing to fast as i was doing other things at the same time.

And if you had no idea what he was offering, why post at all in the first place. You just make yourself look like a fool.

Edit: Just in case he changes it:

I had some ider what the site was offering with out going on it. But next time i will go on it to make 100% i was right before i say any thing.

Yes point taken.. Typing to (too) fast as i (I) was doing other things at the same time.

I had some ider (idea) what the site was offering with out (without) going on it. But next time i (I) will go on it to make 100% (sure) i (I) was right before i (I) say any thing (anything).

I type fast as well, but you do not see me making any of the above spelling mistakes and then claiming there were no mistakes.

I was doing 4 things at the same time.. And i do not see the (i) as a spelling mistake. And the spaces is just the laptop. As i did not have time to look it over.

(I have looked this one over so there is no big deal over it) (Apart from the (i) i need to look that up to see if for the past 25 years i have been spelling it wrong. If i have sorry.)

Last edited:
Wait what, its not a company its just a IT community that just happens to do what a company would do, offer services to its members.

Wait what, its not a company its just a IT community that just happens to do what a company would do, offer services to its members.

Oh really? Which company that is an IT community that you know does that?? You just want to join this unending debate about the difference of "company" and "it community", feel free, you guys are either narrow minded or no clue at all of what the main issue here, you just dont have anything good to talk about, this topic is going no where.

The real point here is, the OP should not be ranting in public for a service he is getting for free, 3+ years high quality free hosting, 1 week downtime in total within 3 years.. He's worse than some clients of an actual hosting company.

Last edited:
Oh really? Which company that is an IT community that you know does that?? You just want to join this unending debate about the difference of "company" and "it community", feel free, you guys are either narrow minded or no clue at all of what the main issue here, you just dont have anything good to talk about, this topic is going no where.

The real point here is, the OP should not be ranting in public for a service he is getting for free, 3+ years high quality free hosting, 1 week downtime in total within 3 years.. He's worse than some clients of an actual hosting company.
BUT ITS STILL A HOST, no matter which way you look at it, its a host!!!
It offers hosting sevices to its members which makes its members clients.

You can sit here and try and agrue that its unimportant all you want, your only doing that because you cant win.

Also lol, I am really just proving my points, you have spent over 10 mins here fighting on if your host is a host or a it community, yet you cant reply to a ticket in under 10 days??? you seem to be replying to this quickly...

Last edited:
BUT ITS STILL A HOST, no matter which way you look at it, its a host!!!
It offers hosting sevices to its members which makes its members clients.

You can sit here and try and agrue that its unimportant all you want, your only doing that because you cant win.

Also lol, I am really just proving my points, you have spent over 10 mins here fighting on if your host is a host or a it community, yet you cant reply to a ticket in under 10 days??? you seem to be replying to this quickly...

You didnt answer my question..

"its still a host" what a lame reason.. so if let say john bought a web hosting server for his blog and he gave/provided hosting to his friend george who is a registered member of his blog, he is a host/company?? because he provided hosting services..?? you dont get the point dont you? you dont understand the difference..

I have spent 12 minutes here now because I am trying to defend the community I spend 5 years to establish and work hard for from narrow minded people like yourself who are making unreasonable comments from an issue that they dont completely understand..

Business

Sorry Zoom, but your excessive protestations gave you away.
Since at least one of your branches operates in the US, I'll go with US law.

"Hi. You're Zoom. How about that?"

Any income however derived needs to be reported on a US income tax return. Since you explicitly announce that your operations extend to the US, that signals that you are aware of US law.

The existence of a business event cannot be discarded by protestations that you are a "community". Your current site indicates at least one direct cash transaction, which is the Affordable Reseller Hosting for $39. Protestations that the offer is no longer valid but the page is incorrect fail to the reasonable expectation that any offer pulled from a live page under "What's New" is a valid offer.

You go so far as to have TOS. TOS is short for Terms of Service. These are restrictions upon the applicant's otherwise undefined role. In American contract law, you have completed the necessary requirements for a legal contract of Offer, Acceptance, Consideration, Capacity and Legality. Since you have formed a valid contract, you by other terminology have entered into a business obligation.

Offering other services without initial cash receipt does not constitute an arm's length transaction apart from the revenue generating side according to US tax law.

Since you are probably not registered as a business entity per your protestations, you would be subject to a US 1040 form. What you are probably trying to do is stay under the income limits which separate a "Hobby" from a "Business". If your total site income is as low as you say, you are implying you are making less than $400 per year from all sources combined of any related entity of ZoomCities. If you are above about $1000, then you would indeed be in range to consider filing a return.

Now, the word you are skating around in your free-hosting descriptions is "Loss-Leader". This is an activity performed by a business entity to attract customers to the total entity which may then later "upsell" further offers such as the $39 package. You also host banners which generate some kind of return, presumably financial. You are a business.

Last edited:
Sorry Zoom, but your excessive protestations gave you away.
Since at least one of your branches operates in the US, I'll go with US law.

"Hi. You're Zoom. How about that?

Any income however derived needs to be reported on a US income tax return. Since you explicitly announce that your operations extend to the US, that signals that you are aware of US law.

The existence of a business event cannot be discarded by protestations that you are a "community". Your current site indicates at least one direct cash transaction, which is the Affordable Reseller Hosting for $39. Protestations that the offer is no longer valid but the page is incorrect fail to the reasonable expectation that any offer pulled from a live page under "What's New" is a valid offer.

You go so far as to have TOS. TOS is short for Terms of Service. These are restrictions upon the applicant's otherwise undefined role. In American contract law, you have completed the necessary requirements for a legal contract of Offer, Acceptance, Consideration, Capacity and Legality. Since you have formed a valid contract, you by other terminology have entered into a business obligation.

Offering other services without initial cash receipt does not constitute an arm's length transaction apart from the revenue generating side according to US tax law.

Since you are probably not registered as a business entity per your protestations, you would be subject to a US 1040 form. What you are probably trying to do is stay under the income limits which separate a "Hobby" from a "Business". If your total site income is as low as you say, you are implying you are making less than $400 per year from all sources combined of any related entity of ZoomCities. If you are above about $1000, then you would indeed be in range to consider filing a return.

Now, the word you are skating around in your free-hosting descriptions is "Loss-Leader". This is an activity performed by a business entity to attract customers to the total entity which may then later "upsell" further offers such as the $39 package. You also host banners which generate some kind of return, presumably financial. You are a business.

That $39.00 hosting, sold 2, helped me paid 1 server's monthly bill, last sale was about 2 years ago..Not selling now, you guys can check the thread it points to, its a dead thread. A lot of other forums/free hosting/community what ever you call it does that too to help them cover their expense. Banners you are talking about, I got 0.79 cents in 2 years in CJ, I didnt bother taking them out because I have other better things to do, this is a hobby not a business, the taxation can have the $80.00 I got if they want, they can email or call me anytime, I'm sure they can get my details, I got nothing to hide. All the expenses to maintain ZoomCities comes out from my own pocket, it's my hobby I enjoy it. I never intend to make money out of it. In 5+ years I probably spent 100 times more than what I have "earned"

ZoomCities is an IT Community a hobby not a business.

Anymore side comments?

Last edited:
Yeah, its not a hosting company its just a IT community that just happens to offer what a hosting company does.
Right.... got it.

Yeah, its not a hosting company its just a IT community that just happens to offer what a hosting company does.
Right.... got it.

Yes an IT Community that offers free hosting to the members of the community, get that right next time, you keep missing the point and making mistakes, you're embarrassing yourself now

Yes an IT Community that offers free hosting to the members of the community, get that right next time, you keep missing the point and making mistakes, you're embarrassing yourself now

Sorry, a IT community that offers what a free hosting company offers

Sorry, a IT community that offers what a free hosting company offers

Whatever you think about it, I have explained it so many times and you still don't get it, not my fault you cant read nor understand, my 15 mins with you is done, your 15 mins of fame is over, I wont step down to your level of thinking and keep arguing about the things your mind could not reach and understand.

Whatever you think about it, I have explained it so many times and you still don't get it, not my fault you cant read nor understand, my 15 mins with you is done, your 15 mins of fame is over, I wont step down to your level of thinking and keep arguing about the things your mind could not reach and understand.

u mad? :wave:

He's just another Post-2-Host operating at a loss. It's called the Entrepreneurial model instead of the Dividends model. By one narrow definition, *any* forum ever created becomes a "community". But calling Non-Cash companies "Communities" is one of the new top-10 marketing tricks. If people think they're each other's friends, they feel good and thus post more. Then when the "Mayor" "retires", his "community" has better prospects for the endgame.

He may also be trying to avoid certain liabilities such as copyright harbors by ducking the mantle of Company. Australia has been doing some weird things lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back