• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Scouting for new host...

djDarkX

Hey there,

I'm looking for free/cheap hosting for my website.

500MB or more of space
No Ads/No Banners/No Posting Requirements
3GB - Unlimited Bandwidth per month
1 FTP Account
CGI/PERL Mail Enabled
Free Domain Name/Cheap Domain Name
WebStats

Please help me out. My current site is incapable of using most of the features listed above and the FTP account on it is somewhat slow. Thank you!

djDarkX said:
Hey there,

I'm looking for free/cheap hosting for my website.

500MB or more of space
3GB - Unlimited Bandwidth per month
1 FTP Account
CGI/PERL Mail Enabled
Free Domain Name/Cheap Domain Name
WebStats

Please help me out. My current site is incapable of using most of the features listed above and the FTP account on it is somewhat slow. Thank you!
Slow FTP on your current host could either be them, your computer, your ISP,
or the many hop points you have to travel through the internet to get to
their servers. Would be a good idea to do a tracert and look at the latency.

Anyway though, You might look at Clubhost City ...

THUNDER / TORNADO / HURRICANE
500 MB / 1500 MB / 3000 MB Web Space
40 GB / 100 GB / 150 GB Traffic

Cpanel w/Fantastico
Both FTP and Web Based Uploads
PHP and CGI / Perl Scripting
Web Statistics w/ AwStats
POP3 Email w/ Web Access
Daily and "On Demand" Backups
URL of Your Domain [OR] Subdomain (yourname.z42.us)

Clubhost City does not require mandantory forum posting and does
not place any kind of advertising on your web site -- AD FREE NETWORK!

Last edited:
Not happy at all...

So,

I had decided on going with phazecore.com with the Rep from the last reply, Koh. Now, I was promised WORKING PHP and CGI/Perl scripting, yet once I configured everything, the scripts kept giving me errors for every file I linked to the script. I even got help from a buddy of mine that uses PHP and CGI/Perl experience and also has a site that use a CGI/Perl script for auot-mailing ringtone music to mobile devices. Plus, this is paid hosting and I'm not getting results. :shame: Is there ANYONE else that can step up to the plate and help me with my web hosting needs?

To Be Exact:
400MB or More (Changed)
3GB - 100GB Bandwidth per month (Changed)
1 FTP Account
PHP or CGI/PERL Mail Enabled (MIME::ENTITY/MIME::TOOLS Needed) (Changed)
Sub-domain (Changed)
WebStats
Knowledge of "Absolute Paths" for scripts (New)

Thank you again web hosts.

Here is the question: Why would anyone want to host you, when you dont want to post nor display banners or ads? It doesnt benefit the host at all and its basically letting you *leech* off their servers for absolubtly nothing in return.

Oh, and 100gb bandwidth is ridiculous.

X3r0X said:
Here is the question: Why would anyone want to host you, when you dont want to post nor display banners or ads? It doesnt benefit the host at all and its basically letting you *leech* off their servers for absolubtly nothing in return.

Oh, and 100gb bandwidth is ridiculous.

how could it be considered "leeching" if I'm PAYING monthly for the web host? you give me an answer to that and I'll shut up, besides, someone is already working on it so I might not have to change. You need to learn to read the post instead of reading the first post placed then skimming throught the second one.

Last edited:
it was a paid service, we have resolved the issue for the user now. Just edited some code in the script

djDarkX said:
how could it be considered "leeching" if I'm PAYING monthly for the web host? you give me an answer to that and I'll shut up, besides, someone is already working on it so I might not have to change. You need to learn to read the post instead of reading the first post placed then skimming throught the second one.
And then you should learn to post in the correct forum. I can read perfectly fine, but are you sure that you can read the forum names and then decide where a paid hosting request would go?

I highly doubt that it would go in the "Free Webspace" section, but hey, thats just me.

Just one more thing. You say you are paying for the webhost. Thats all well and good, but you are now requesting *free/cheap* hosting. If you get free webhosting, how is that not leeching? And then if you get paid, its the wrong section.

Anyway, I really cant be bothered having an argument. Say whatever you want to say after this post, it really doesnt affect me, im in the right. Good luck finding the right webhost :).

Last edited:
Back