• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

SearchFeed vs. RevenuePilot

NukedWeb

Imagine this if you will. I have a website, www.snipples.com - that runs both afore-mentioned services. With RP, I've made $1.30. SearchFeed: $20. The results from a search are "intertwined" as not to put one set of results ahead of another. They're all seamless integrated into each other. Anyone wanna take a stab at the reason for a such a difference in the two? :)

At this point our bid prices are less then searchfeeds, and we have less keywords in our database. but we are growing rapidly and raising both our bid prices and database of keywords. Please remember searchfeed has been on the market much longer then we are, but as of right now our growyh is more rapid. Our suggestion to all our clients is to integrate our results along with other search results, this way you can eliminate bid gaps and provide more search results.

regards,

SearchFeed is just damned confusing for a simple pathetic mind like mine. :) There's like, 2 or 3 places where it lists a dolalr amount. I thought $20 is what I made from them...nope. Apparently, for some stupid reason, it's telling me how much money I made *them*! Yeeeah, that'll boost my morale. I guess I only made $6 from them, but it's still a pretty big gap. I guess that's where the bid prices come in. Least I'm makin something! The site that was on Snipples before the search engine, did just the opposite. It drained my bank account month to month with bandwidth fees, diskspace fees, grubby lil people that don't like to buy stuff. yick...

Hey I started running your Search Feed and RevenuePilot scripts on two of my pages hehe...

I am sick of Smart Search script. It is always setting the bid amounts to - instead of what the advertiser had listed. Now I upgrade to the mysql version and guess what.... Thing tried to kill my server, the loads jumped to 20.0+ and "top" was filled with a bunch of mysql lines.

I use Smart Search on 3 sites and all 3 (2 different servers) have the same problems with the bid thing. I use Search Star on another site but it only uses Search Feed. I want one that uses more than just one place and mixes the results. I found a guy that will do the script for $450 and each feed I want added is another $50 but I think thats way too much right now seeign as my results from Search Feed have dropped alot the last 3 months.

If anyone knows of a place that makes a good PHP/mySql PPC search script please let me know... :p

Now what exactly is Search Star? Someone else I was talking to mentioned they used Smart Search, but after about 6 emails I found out we were talking about 2 different things... Is Search Star a script that does meta lookups on other PPC engines, or is it a standalone PPC engine? (i.e., advertisers sign up, pay you directly, etc).

If you're referring to something that queries many different PPC engines, I would build it for ya under 2 conditions: That I had access to those PPC accounts you're signed up with (I've only been accepted to these two sites so far), and that you know I would put the script up for sale on my site, giving you a free copy of course =)

Even though i dont make any money that way, I do in the long run by selling more than one copy of it. All I'd need from you, basically, is...as much detail as possible to get it going. =)

Search Star is a PPC script. I love it but it seems Dan and his crew have way to much going at this time to work on it...

May I email you with more info and to discuss you makign me a script?

The question though, is what kind of PPC script is it? One that does lookups on other PPC sites using affiliate accounts, or a standalone PPC engine? I couldn't write a standalone engine, for a lack of access to online merchant accounts, and all-in-all, I dont think there's an easy way to lay it out that makes it customizable enough that everyone would be happy with it. =)

If it's a meta script, that I can do. I've been doing content-retrieval in PHP since...God, has it really been that long?!

tim@nukedweb.com =)

Yeah its a stand alone that also pulls links from search feed but they are not mixed in with your advertisers results....

Guys there are many freelancers who can add in an XML feed for you for about $15-$20 depending what script you are using.

Try these sites:
scriptlance.com
webdevelopersindex.com
rentacoder.com

I'm listing those sites in the order that I would use them based on price and best service for this particular job.

tingin my problem is that SmartSearch loses bid amounts and the new mysql version kills my server.

venomx compain to smartsearch owners and eventually they may fix it.
By the way, i see your site is using some other script, is that Search Star? Do you think its worth to add more xml feeds to it?

Yeah the one in my sig is search star... Would be kinda hard to add more feeds... search star doesnt mix them with the results from your site.... just lists them on the bottom as more links or somethign like that ;p

Back