• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Security of Data

Berne

Hi All,

Just wondering about our stored server data. What information can I read or learn in regard to which company will give me the best security of my data?
Are there three questions I could ask a company that would be a sound indicator that my files are very well cared for?

Berne...:rolleyes2

If you read a host's site, they should list features of packages, their server, and network. Around there is where you can find that they do at least have some sort of firewall to prevent hackers. The only best way is to ask current clients of that company that have been with them for a couple of months (3 - 12 mo.) and see if they have had any problems with them

As for questions, I'm not sure.

It's pretty rare for a reputable host to be rooted. Therefore I think your host is pretty secure, however most of time it is due to the user running insecure patches.

Berne said:
Hi All,

Just wondering about our stored server data. What information can I read or learn in regard to which company will give me the best security of my data?
Are there three questions I could ask a company that would be a sound indicator that my files are very well cared for?

Berne...:rolleyes2

Well first thing you might want to ask the provider is IF something like this ever did happen, how would they get your files and your valuable data back? Reliable providers should have backup solutions, not just secured servers. Although, security is a very big issue, smaller, and even mid to larger hosts have their days, you want backup solutions with the security!

Pre-Sales questions! These can help you find out what you need to know along with searching google, asking people and many other things.

Back