• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Selling domains..

netnexus

How on earth do you transfer the name from one registrar to another. Say I am using namecheap, and someone is using godaddy, wouldn't trasnferring cost money on its own?

I have only transferred one domain and it didn't cost me anything till it was due to be renewed.

Transfering usually costs the same as buying a new domain, but they usually include a year of registration once you transfer.

I once did a transfer and it was a painful one, I paid like 20 something for 2 domains. Maybe I did something wrong. At the time I did not know much about this bussiness.

well, actually it is easy
If you want to transfer it to Godaddy, then you can do it here https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/transfers/landing.asp?se=+&ci=255 , just enter the domain you want to transfer to Godaddy from your old registrar and pay transfer fee ($7.95+0.25 for .com). You will also get "free" + 1 year. Before you can transfer any domain you will have to unlock it (you can do it from your domain control panel). Then Godaddy will send email to domain admin contact email (that they find from whois) and if domain admin confirms this transfer within some time (I think it was something like 14 or 7 days) then this transfer will be finished within 1 or 2 weeks (I haven't done this for some months now, so I don't really remember how long it takes)

I transferred a domain once from 1and1.com the only thing that took long was 1and1.com releasing my domain name to netfirms.com

Regards,

Back