• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Server Needed

WW-Hosting

Hello,
I am currently in search of a new server for my site. Here are the specs I am looking at:

Dual XEON 3.0
2 x 80 GB HDD
1 GB RAM ()
1000-2000 GB Bandwidth
5 or more ips.
Fully Managed

or

Dual Operton 242
2 x 80 GB HDD
1 GB RAM (2 GB would be better)
1000-2000 GB Bandwidth
5 or more ips.
Fully Managed

My budget is open to anything so just throw up some offers!

--
Best Regards,
Josh Shrader

Your Best option is to go with a dedicated server company direct instead of a layeredtech reseller, even though they are unmanaged you then can pick managed server solutions from various companies to manage your dedicated box. Especially if your a company it would be much more wise and repuitable for you to go with direct with a server company and pick manage solutions from other companies. As most resellers will also be more expensive and have heftier setup costs so they can make a profit. Good luck.
(---Joined July yet its August lol :p and my first post was an advice to you.)

Last edited:
LpServer said:
Your Best option is to go with a dedicated server company direct instead of a layeredtech reseller, even though they are unmanaged you then can pick managed server solutions from various companies to manage your dedicated box. Especially if your a company it would be much more wise and repuitable for you to go with direct with a server company and pick manage solutions from other companies. As most resellers will also be more expensive and have heftier setup costs so they can make a profit. Good luck.
(---Joined July yet its August lol :p and my first post was an advice to you.)

And it's good advice... welcome! :biggrin2:

Where would you suggest getting it managed at? Where should I buy from? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to go with the best choice.

--
Best Regards,
Josh Shrader

I found this one which is within your spec range @ dedicatednow.com,

the cheapest monthly cost is $199.95 but that is with a $399.95 setup fee or pay no setup fee for $279.95 Fully Managed

Processor

Dual Opteron 246 Processor

RAM
2 Gigabyte PC3200 ECC DDR RAM

Storage
Dual 200 Gigabyte Serial ATA Hard Drives

IP Addresses
5 IP Addresses

Operating System

32Bit Cetos Enterprise Operating System

Transfer
2000 Gigabytes Monthly Bandwidth Transfer

Uptime SLA
99.9% Uptime SLA Guarantee

http://dedicatednow.com/servers.php?pack_id=180

Good Luck with your search... :classic2:

Thank you, ill do a little more research on the management market if you would like i know serverwizards are good people. I can have a fw options for you in a bit. :)

http://www.servstra.com/management/
Perspective: I only heard good things about them fromWeb Hosting Talk they also offer specials in those forums. They look very promising.
They also offer dedicated servers, and i dont think they resell there servers they probably operate straight out of a datacenter, they also have there own tech MODIFIED support control panel.

Dual Intel Xeon 2.8GHz HT
2048MB RAM
36GB SCSI hard drive
1200GB Savvis bandwidth
5 IP addresses
10Mbps port
FreeBSD, CentOS or Debian
Server Management
Free setup
http://www.servstra.com/servers/
Thats probably the best setup/offer i have seen around these days. :)
Might get me a server also. :tongue2:
And no im not any way affiliated or working for them unfortunately im a layeredtech customer :devious2:
*now you cant say i didn't help you hehe*

Last edited:
LpServer said:
http://www.servstra.com/management/
Perspective: I only heard good things about them fromWeb Hosting Talk they also offer specials in those forums. They look very promising.
They also offer dedicated servers, and i dont think they resell there servers they probably operate straight out of a datacenter, they also have there own tech MODIFIED support control panel.

Servstra is a new name of Resellerworkz/Hostworkz, a reseller of LT :)

Hi,

If you need a server wiht those specs, try sparkservers.net HP II. I have a server with them and I am happy. They do not charge bandwidth, its unlimited.! Perhaps this can help. Also, the funds are in canadian, plus they have unlimited Plesk control panel.

Thanks
Leann

Virtuoso Net Solutions...Sophisticated & Dedicated. www.virtuosonetsolutions.com - Click to Visit
1.888.BUYAWEB | fax 717.326.4149 | email sales@virtuosonetsolutions.com

Virtuoso Net Solutions: Privately owned and operated. Virtuoso ethics are based on Christian principles.

Confidence & Quality Assurance:
Host Search Top 3 | Awards | Testimonials | Network Stats

*** We are not resellers. All servers are Dell 1U/2U Owned By Us ***

Support & Guarantee:
99.99% Network SLA | No Hidden Fees / Setup Fees: Free Hardware Upgrades
24/7 RapidFire™ Response Support: Live Chat, Help Desk, Email, Phone, IM, Knowledgebase

D-X2 Direct Link
$299/mo | Free Setup | No Contract
Dual Xeon 2.8GHz HT
1024MB DDRAM
2x160GB SATA Disks
1,000 GB Bandwidth
IP Addresses: 8

Managed Services Included:
- Remote Reboot / Serial Console ($20/mo)
- Server monitoring
- Server upgrades
- Primary and Secondary DNS
- Server & Software Diagnosis
- Ping monitoring
- Backups (second drive required)
Free Server Hardening ($200 Value)

Hi Josh,

Did you gave a look at new server offerings of Jodohost.com ?

Here is the server I am talking about..

Server : Video Server (http://newservers.com/PSDedicatedSvr.htm)

Processor: Dual XEON 3.4Ghz
RAM: 1GB DDR2 ECC
HardDisk: 2x80GB SATA
Traffic: 1000GB/month
Price: $179/month + Setup Fee: $199
Fully Managed Backup

Also included:

# 15GB Managed Backup Space
# 2 IP Addresses
# Remote Console KVM
# Acronis True Image Server
# Cerberus HelpDesk

And Add to this experience of our administrators and technical superiority.
Masic management is free or you can opt for fully managed services(paid).

If you need more info..send a mail at sales @ newserver.com (no spaces around @).

Thankyou.

Back