• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Site for Review

AndyWeb

okay, I know this message gets posted about 5000 times a day on this board, but, could a few people head over to my site and give me some constructive feedback on the design/colors/everything?
My site: http://www15.brinkster.com/terrapinandy/

now, I know some people may claim this design is stolen (which it is partially) but this is my first time working with this type of design, so I needed to give myself some starting point.
-- @ndy

ok

its cool man but the graphics are a bit hazey and i dont really like the whole grey and orange thing but the rest is cool nice layout nice menu looks good in 800x600 resolution all in all a good site.

i give it 7/10

just needs a few extra things like features. ;)

Hazzy?

what exactly do you mean by hazzy? like blurry or low quality renderings or something different?

-- @ndy

Hazzy?

what exactly do you mean by hazzy? like blurry or low quality renderings or something different?

-- @ndy

I think he means some of them are a little fuzzy, cause I noticed that too. But I love the design. It looks very nice.
I did notice that your ad banner cuts off the blue border on your background image though. You might want to look at that.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
I think he means some of them are a little fuzzy, cause I noticed that too. But I love the design. It looks very nice.
I did notice that your ad banner cuts off the blue border on your background image though. You might want to look at that.

okay, well the trick is that that isn't a really good spot for a banner, and that that is not a true background image, just an affixed background defined in the CSS. Also, do you think this page woul look better with a darker (say black) background color, as opposed to the grey?

now, as far as fuzzy images, I think that's because I rendered them at 80% ( in JPG ), so would you suggest re-rendering at maybe 90 or 100?
and do you guys think that these guys will have some major gripes over me using this design?

--- @ndy

Well, the design I guess is pretty similar, but the graphics aren't ripped off or anything. They might have a small problem, but one I'm sure could be easily resolved.

Personally, I think the grey with the blue works well together. It's true that black can go with pretty much any colour, but there's a danger of having your site look too dark if you do that.

it's too long, crush it in together a bit..
and the advertise on andyweb thing... it's right in he middle of the page, and kinda breaks up the flow of things a bit.
otherwise, brilliant work!!:D

wow, could u make me something like that? I could even host you, 25mb, 1gb transfer/mo, PHP, mysql, perl, subdomain, ftp - the works! no ads even, only if you designed me a site...

thats really good! i really like it..

YAY

well, I am certainly glad evyone likes my design here, and I would be glad to do a site for you Andytandoc, but as far as PHP, you may need to give me the existing code, cause I know next to nothing about coding in PHP (I'm more of an ASP / MS access person myself) Just email me sometime, whenever you want to get started.
AndyWeb@toughguy.net
--- @ndy

Back