• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Small VPS, anyone?

fireshark

I am wondering if anyone has the time and space to spare me a small VPS or even jailshell.

I'd like to run a personal IRC bouncer (znc), as well as perhaps 1-process PHP-FCGI and 2-process nginx, for experimenting and stuff.

So basically all I need is * an IP, * some space (1gb?), * some bandwidth 10gb?), and * a shell.

Thanks!

Hello,

Crunch-Host are currently offering free VPS servers, and I think the specs are more than enough for you.

The below costs 70 posts per month normally, however new users will get this VPS and be locked in at 30 posts per month for the life of the account.

Guaranteed RAM(Memory) - 256MB
Burstable RAM(Memory) - 512MB
Hard Drive - 10GB
Bandwith - 80GB
Ip Addresses - One as standard, however 2 can be offered for an extra 10 posts
Backup Facilities - Yes, upto 4 backups can be stored at any one time
OS - *nix operating systems IE centos, ubuntu, freebsd NO windows are available.
Control Panel - Kloxo and a few other free control panels can be added, and we will install for you providing it is an upto date secure control panel

www.community.crunch-host.com
www.crunch-host.com

Jordan sounds good, do I have to contribute those posts upfront? I don't want to have to put in those posts only to have those last few spots taken already.

Unfortunately this has to be upfront yes, however any of the current members either already have hosting/services with us or are staff.

usually, it is not that easy to find a vps provider that allow irc traffic.
and those that allow irc traffic usually is quite expensive.

since jordan open his offer for u, and it is free, i think u better just grab it.
it is not easy to get a free vps, plus, he allow u to use it for irc traffic as well...

CS Squad, I hope they will understand that I am running a BNC (for personal use) and not an IRCD.

geeklayer, this is the free hosting forum... where do you offer free hosting?

Even with low requirements, your asking to be put on a paid node/server with other paying clients. If I may suggest something? Save up about $20, then pay for a tiny VPS, I know I can offer one at about $10/month. After you have the VPS, put up a website and some advertisements to make money, then your site should be able to sustain the VPS after about the first two months.

CS Squad, I hope they will understand that I am running a BNC (for personal use) and not an IRCD.

geeklayer, this is the free hosting forum... where do you offer free hosting?

usually providers do not even allow any irc traffic at all, even if just only 1 single user bnc.
other word, nothing that using port 6667 is allowed.

since jordan's offer is good, u should just take it and use 1st
:)

i dont no so muchthat they will give it to you for free,but there is a company called gridstar.net that might be able to give you a cheap ircd, to run these services from, i think they do an ircd at like £2.00 a month

Back