• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

So many NO ADS! requests.. how wrong

Hey,

I work for an ads are placed web host, but what is it with all of these, "NO ADS!" requests? I say that if you want no ads, go paid. Its not that hard to work out that:

Ads on sites --> Money for host --> Host pays for server --> Reliable server

not this:

No ads on site --> No money for host --> No money to pay for server --> Bye bye host

99% of ad free hosts will close, unless your like Zoomcities and do it for a hobby which i don't see much of lately.

Any opinions?

grrrrggrrrrggrrrr

Gotta remember that a lot of requesters are only looking for an account to send spam, store files, or phish other sites, so the chances are they don't actually care wether you last more than a week or not, and for those that do care, they are normally willing to place ads.

Another thing that pisses me off, is when ppl say "I can't have adsense, as I need to display my own", when what they actually need is some manners, and a slap.

Yay, its not just me that thinks the same way.

It is pretty bad, people making money on free hosting. It's the hosters generosity that helps people make money. Placing small text links saying "Hosted by XXXXX" doesn't do much either, the host doesn't make anything to pay the server off that way.

Yay, its not just me that thinks the same way.
It is pretty bad, people making money on free hosting. It's the hosters generosity that helps people make money. Placing small text links saying "Hosted by XXXXX" doesn't do much either, the host doesn't make anything to pay the server off that way.
Agree with you. But you know not all people want to do it. They just abuse host's generosity and don't want to give antything in return. They think if the host is free it means they own nothing to the host.

Well I have enough of blank account those stuff. So for now will be accepting domain user only. So how do I earn? Matter in fact, I don't. Ads in my forum cover some of the costs but mostly it come from my own pockets.

Yeah well, that was back when i got emails about "Ads have viruses in them" and i thought it was true. :tired2: Now i know its only on some ad companies

I don't like ad hosts. They force them on. Ads are not cool like that. There are some free hosts that instead have ads on their website, or some that allow you to put their ads on your sites you want. I approve of those types.

The internet is or WAS meant to be a free useful resource-not something you pay for or have malicous ads viruses and junk on.

Oh the irony in that. :p

Our services offer text link ads to only select users, which I think have potential in giving hosting to. I do not offer text link ad plans to everyone, just to some, but then again our service wasn't created on the bases of making money. But I do offer these plans generally to anyone who asks for it. But I do ask, what there site is about, to see if any potential is in them. I mean yeah, it doesn't pay for our servers, but we do not exactly work in that way for paying for servers; by using ad advertising methods. ;)

But I can understand, where it effects hosts that do use Google, Yahoo Ad programmes. It's more of a hobby than anything.

Last edited:
I don't like ad hosts. They force them on. Ads are not cool like that. There are some free hosts that instead have ads on their website, or some that allow you to put their ads on your sites you want. I approve of those types.

The internet is or WAS meant to be a free useful resource-not something you pay for or have malicous ads viruses and junk on.

Nothin is supposed to be free, that's a silly thing to say, it was always meant to make money, and if people want to provide a service for ad placement, no matter how they wanna do it - it's totally fair.

Automatic Cpanel Backups to your computer - dbs included. !! :: Writthttp://freewebspace.net/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=790561
Reply With Quoteen by ME :: FREE
WHM Account Management for Windows :: Written by ME :: FREE

do u make money from those programs??

:p

No, but he doesn't loose money either. He doens't have to pay for a server/reseller to give hosting to greedy kids

You guys must be really greedy compared to my host. They only put ads on some pages of their main site and on 404 error pages. They also give me 2GB space and 10GB bandwidth and MUCH more (including fast servers.) It just goes to show what happens when...

look we arent greedy or anything, but if you want someone to give you something, then it only makes sense that you give something in return.

No-one should have to pay money at no benefit to theselves, just because someone who they have never met wants them to.

I would say rather that is is people who ask for these kinds of deals that are the greedy ones

You guys must be really greedy compared to my host. They only put ads on some pages of their main site and on 404 error pages. They also give me 2GB space and 10GB bandwidth and MUCH more (including fast servers.) It just goes to show what happens when...

when.......?
Your a n00b?
Your Greedy?
You would rather sit here and bag us, Becuse your to cheap to pay 5$ Per month and want no ads?
Btw your host is not greedy I agree but I think there stupid for supporting you and your ----ty little "website"
A true webmaster dont need free hosting they pay... WHY? coz you get what you pay for.
And there not greedy
:beer:
This is why I dont do free hosting
To keep the hell away from annoying kids like you.

Dude Look Up On Google "Dedi Server" Then tell me webhosting was ment to be free.
learn what hosting is all about befor saying something like that ;)

Back