• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Software-type PHP/MySQL portals...

Jimbrown

Hello

I am very interested in aquiring, propagating and maintaining a software portal. I would prefer that it be a well-known and popular script written in PHP and that it be able to support sub-categories. I've looked at phpNuke and it's more of a one-size-fits-all portal script and I'm just looking for somthing that supports only software. Can anyone recommend where I might find such a script?. Finally, it needs to be under the GPL and free (not because I'm cheap but because I don't want to pump too much money into this thing until I know how successful it's going to be - if at all). Any help is greatly appreciated!

PS: On some other thread I received a very kind and generous offer of installing phpNuke for me which I really appreciated but the thing is, I'm not sure how to get rid of all the other stuff included with phpNuke since I only need the "downloads" section. Still, I AM very greatful and considering it.

- Cheers

Do a search in hotscripts.com I am sure you will find a portal there the suits your needs.

paFileDB looks good

I was having a look for this, and paFileDB looked to be the best from my oint of view. - I needed other stuff too though, so wrote (and am still developing) a downloads section for eZpublish

Both can be found at Hotscripts.com/PHP

Cheers

Tim:chinese2:

Back