• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

StaticHost

yes, but just in case something goes wrong i could be blamed for it - something i don't want happening - know what i mean. however the number is with me, if anyone needs it feel free to pm me. or you could also phone sales/billing/support from LT's contact us page on their site.

I'm not quite sure what to do anymore, all i want is for all our sites and statichost to come back online.

ok i'll call them and i'll post the response i get, i just hope i don't get put on hold or some answering machine gets me - its costly to call overseas - but what else is there to do i wonder. ....

Ok i called them up and i got 2 things to say about LT:

Robert if you're looking at this post, the first thing is that LT ain't a professional company or atleast they don't do buisness professionally.

This lady at billing, gave me like all the details of the transactions between StaticHost & LT.

Steve if you're reading this, sorry i made the call but i just had to know what was going on and secondly please move away from this data center ppl asap.

I call, pick the billing department from the menu, and a lday picks up the phone, her name is Linda. I tell her that you tuned out StaticHost's server earlier this week, to which she doesn't giveme a chance to identify myself (i was gonna say i'm an indirect client of theirs) - she just asks me for the last name of who the server belongs to, so i spell Steve's last ame for her, and then she goes - Steve McManus. and i'm like ok.

And she gives me detailed transactional info between statichost & lt.

WTFis going on at LT?

Final Advice: Steve get plugged up, transfer all your cleints' data from these scary people and move away from LT, find another data center with better business ethics and proven sense of professionalism.

EDITED - I've removed stuff outta' here and am emailing steve & anthony the details, DenDens thanks for the suggestion :)

Last edited:
My advice college guy is to edit all of this seriously and e mail Steve because you giving invoice numbers out is a bit public. Send Steve or Anthony an e mail to sort it out .

ok i've sent them a pm, plus an email, if anyone knows Steve/Anthony's contact numbers could u pls tell them to chk their email and the pm inbox here - thanks.

college-student said:
ok i've sent them a pm, plus an email, if anyone knows Steve/Anthony's contact numbers could u pls tell them to chk their email and the pm inbox here - thanks.

I leave offline messages for there msn as Anthony comes online but never talks!

Feeling Helpless

For the past week and a half, I think I, as well as all statichost customers, have been pretty patient about this serious downtime. But now this is getting ridiculous. My feeling now is that I should change hosts immediately, but I have been expecting very important e-mail and I can't even access the mail servers. This is bad bad bad. What to do?

bobbyk said:
For the past week and a half, I think I, as well as all statichost customers, have been pretty patient about this serious downtime. But now this is getting ridiculous. My feeling now is that I should change hosts immediately, but I have been expecting very important e-mail and I can't even access the mail servers. This is bad bad bad. What to do?
Personally I’d change hosts. I have expect my backups are still on there servers so i need them back online ASAP as does every one. I fell that Stave is the only real staff member of StaticHost and that Anthony don't care about StaticHost as he seems to be on msn a lot and not doing anything about it (but now he blocked me due to me asking him what the hell going on I think. I am not sure)

having said that something inside me still wants to stay with them but we see I have a new host for now and i may go back to them in a few months once they had time to sort there problems

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in my update. I have been unable to access the internet as the internet cafe that I have been going to was closed yesterday. It is shocking that Layered Tech would just give out sensitive information to someone without identifying them.

There seems to be some confusion regarding the payment as the PayPal address that I sent it from is 'down' as it is hosted on the server that they unplugged. I have updated the ticket telling them this so hopefully it shouldn't be too long now.

Regards,

Steve McManus.

StaticHost said:
Sorry for the delay in my update. I have been unable to access the internet as the internet cafe that I have been going to was closed yesterday. It is shocking that Layered Tech would just give out sensitive information to someone without identifying them.

There seems to be some confusion regarding the payment as the PayPal address that I sent it from is 'down' as it is hosted on the server that they unplugged. I have updated the ticket telling them this so hopefully it shouldn't be too long now.

Regards,

Steve McManus.

Thanks for the update mate!

Yo Steve you rock on dude!

If i were in yo shoes I'd get my data from LT, get a new data center and then sue LT for revealing sensitive information - and Linda didn't even ask me who i am or my name, she asked who owned the server! damnnnn......

if anyone is in the US, they should call LT and ask them the status of one of their other client's servers, give them the owner's name and u should get their transaction details. i called LT at about 5 GMT yesterday - work that out in US Time and i';m sure Linda will be working the same shift - i can't make anymore intl calls plus i got no time to waste on the crappy LT data center!

Back