• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Still waiting for it...

NukedWeb

I dunno about the rest of you, but when it's 20 degrees outside, I expect snow on the ground. No, actually I demand it! Winter is a very dreary and depressing time of year for me. In Michigan anyways. The only thing that keeps me from stabbing myself in the eyeballs, is snow. Snow is quite relaxing actually. To sit at the window, smoke some cigarettes, and watch the snow come down in buckets, it makes me forget just how lonely my life is. I'm spending my second Christmas in a row without my family -- my was-to-be fiance, and our two kids -- and I now cringe in disgust at the very word "Christmas". All of this seems to go away, at least for a little while, at the sight of snow. Right now all I see when I look out my window, is a backyard full of dead leaves, bare tree branches, thin grass with patches of dirt, and my rusty old Aerostar. These are all symbols of things that are "dead". The months of Fall greatly symbolize "all things coming to an end". Think about it. Alot of things die off at the end of summer. Everything from trees, to love. Snow serves as a chance to hide these symbolic references from us to remind us that all things do come back to life in the spring. I don't know why I wrote this, but strangely I feel much better now :D

It can actually be *too* cold to snow, but I think it would have to be 10 or 20 below zero fahrenheit for that. Not sure what that is in Celcius. My mental calculator is broken.

I agree with your sentiments NukedWeb. I live in winter central, and I love the snow. Winter has always been and always will be my favourite season, and to not have a "proper" one is really disconcerting. Things just seem out of whack without the precious snow.

Back