• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

stolen brand name

Is it just me catching up (?) or are those 2 sites totally different in look and feel (just now possibly, you'll have to ref the WHT thread for the links).

The one that can be mentioned is nice, clean, well designed, responsive, yada, yada, and looks very pro. The one that can't be mentioned, well isn't.

Am I missing something basic here?

Oh and 'Stolen Brand Name' - get that right before you lay that one down it can land you in trouble (of the serious type), branding, trademarking, and all the rest a minefield.

Last edited:
I think that it is quite ordinary situation nowadays. I think that the owner of main web site have to know how to prove he is founder of content or web design.

Am I missing something basic here?

Oh and 'Stolen Brand Name' - get that right before you lay that one down it can land you in trouble (of the serious type), branding, trademarking, and all the rest a minefield.

Even if Webhostingbuzz.com fully owns copyright on their website?

Yep, you'd have to prove ownership of all elements in use elsewhere that are in dispute. Unless there is one in specific that could be proven to be a registered /recognised trademark that had been only slightly modified and used elsewhere.

©2002 - 2008 WHB NETWORKS LLC - All Rights Reserved
Does it mean ownership of all elements? Then it's 2002 and if another website with the same design was created in 2007 it makes things even more obvious.

Copyright, all rights reservered and trademark are 3 different things when it comes down to it.

All that basically says is that you retain rights to the materials published, not ownership however.

It's content if it's unique, so if you were to say you can't advertise your packages at $5 as I'm doing that forget it, unique content that has direct reference to your business.

It's a minefield, to be honest would it be worth your while?

Back