• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Streaming control panel

Hello.

We are developing advanced streaming (shoutcast) control panel.
It uses python (back-end) and PHP (front-end) and our own "database" format.

Panel automatically creates shoutcast servers, user has access to control panel (start/stop,billing, stataistics etc etc)

My question is, what do you guys expect from such software?
Is there demand of something like this?

Thank you for your opinions and sorry for my english.

Thats great :) It would be very helpful for all webhost who are into shoutcast hosting :)
If your product is really good and works as you claim then it should get good demand.
All the best.. :)

I think it could take time to get it's reputation up, remembering that you have for instance Cast Control and WHMSonic (I think it's called that).

If you need features, well...the obvious AutoDJ, maybe easy connections with software such as VirtualDJ & SAM Broadcaster, a nice simplistic design, and maybe if you want to splash out, get yourself a Windows application, this could go down well by the means of being able to control the whole shoutcast account from your desktop, instead of using a browser.

Hope that helps.

Have you looked at the AIR platform yet? Thats cross platform and its very very easy to turn a website into an AIR app

WHMSonic

Whmsonic needs to be on a VPS or Dedi only. If you run it on a shared server you will either crash the server with the streams or get banned. Shoutcast is a very high server demand, especially with alot of listeners. I have 4 vps servers running shoutcast and you must also space your customers out on them or you can crash the vps.

WHMSonic has to be be run on one of the following, VPS with WHM or Dedicated With WHM. WHMSonic is one of the best ShoutCast mangers around in my opinion. I would recommend it to any one who is reselling or even just to the folks that want to have total control over their ShoutCast solutions.
i have been able to maximize my clients casting abilities by offering them the SONIC solution. We have live demos on our site if anyone wants to test it out to see how flexible it is. www.evcthosting.com just click "demo's" at the top of the page.

Hello All,

Yes yes, we know which control panels you are using, every last one of you

However, let us try and help potential customers choose the right control panel for them.

Please vote in the poll and post a reason as to why you think your selected control panel is the best for you.

Thank you.

Hello All,

Yes yes, we know which control panels you are using, every last one of you

However, let us try and help potential customers choose the right control panel for them.

Please vote in the poll and post a reason as to why you think your selected control panel is the best for you.

Thank you.

...what?

Back