• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

tacid blue--everybody get ripped?

zz4

I just got an email from http://www.tacidhost.com/ saying that again they were deleted from whatever server they are on.[ due to some illegal sites hosted on them](same excuse last time they were down a month)

Now it seems to say those that paid the $20 in the last month can get a refund but only within 24 hours. As to all others who paid I guess they got ripped off.I'm in my second month. Any ideas? I honestly think the whole thing was a worldwide 'collect $20 scheme' ???

they lied to their clients.. Shang told everyone that he owned the servers and that he was located in his own NOC. But it wasn't owned by him... heh.

maybe I'm jumping too fast?

This is email recieved >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Date:Wed, 06 Jun 2001 19:01:18 "GMT"Subject:Important Letter to TacidHost customers.
TacidHost is a reseller of FastHost.co.uk and our account with them as been shut down, witch means all of the people we host has been shut down too, because of breach of contract.
Because of:
media711.com
tmiller.com
capcomp.net
These 3 sites contained illegal material that caused for the whole account to be shut down.
Please note that we are taking right now a series of steps for this matter, and we are going to move everyone in our Windows 2000 hosting to our UNIX servers. It is going to have its advantages and disadvantages.
ADVANTAGES:
1) Free control panel
2) Free livestats
3) Pre-built CGI scripts
4) PHP4 Support
5) mySQL support
It is going to come with 500MB Space and 3GB transfer.
You should recieve your new account information within 24-72 hours.
I am sorry for the inconvience.

ok.I signed up a couple months back.The place was soon down for a month with the identical same reason !!!  People kept on asking status
in the messageboard and it went on week after week.(change to this and that..windows 2000..unix...better than ever....) Now an identical repeat?

Is $20 year unlimited too good to be true?

I don't wish to flame this place but I am TRYING to have a website there !!!!!

Back