• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Terminator "Salvation"?

Meksilon

NLC
SPOILERS AHEAD.

Wow, well I recently saw the remake of Last House on the Left - a film who's plot has nothing whatsoever to do with its title - I can't say I was surprised at how bad the remake was, but I can say that seeing the quality of the Hills Have Eyes remake I was expecting better.

Similarly I didn't believe any Terminator Film could ever be worse than T3, but where was the "salvation" in "Terminator 3"? Well the film's title has nothing to do with its bizarre plot. And it'd been announced a long time ago that a little-know Austrian bodybuilder turned Hollywood actor would be staring in the role of the T-800; Kickinger not only looked exactly like Arnie - but with CGI had his face too - but he's role in the film was limited to a single scene... where instead of ripping John's head clear off he picks him up and throws him (either the machines are more stupid than previously thought, or they're just not very efficient Hunter-Killers). Mind you, the year is set in 2018 - more than 10 years before the T-800 are even supposed to exist!

Christian Bale's performance was so bad it distracts you from the awful continuity. Okay most people would easily catch onto the fact that the T-800's have been produced 10 years early... but did you notice that the machines plotted to kill John Connor before he was even leader of the resistance - much less before he actually achieved anything they should feel threatened by?

"This is John Connor. If you are listening to this, you ARE the resistance."

Haha. I liked the part where he goes against the underground HQ, and gets the men on the ground to disobey the HQ, as well.

I have yet to see the movie, however...

mov71.jpg

This movie stays in my to-watch list.

I'm lost on the title too, though. I think that it refers to how they managed to destroy the Skynet base.

This movie stays in my to-watch list.

I'm lost on the title too, though. I think that it refers to how they managed to destroy the Skynet base.
You'd think, but the entire plot is actually about how Connor becomes "leader of the resistance". Hope you post back when you've seen the film to share your thoughts! What films are you a fan of? I feel very firmly that T1 was vastly superior to T2... I know there's a lot of love for T2, but there's also a lot of lengthy drawn-out pace-slowing character development that needed to be more concise so that the movie could flow better, and run shorter (T1 is about the perfect length for a good action movie). I still bill T2 as a 4-star movie.

You'd think, but the entire plot is actually about how Connor becomes "leader of the resistance". Hope you post back when you've seen the film to share your thoughts! What films are you a fan of? I feel very firmly that T1 was vastly superior to T2... I know there's a lot of love for T2, but there's also a lot of lengthy drawn-out pace-slowing character development that needed to be more concise so that the movie could flow better, and run shorter (T1 is about the perfect length for a good action movie). I still bill T2 as a 4-star movie.
I am generally apathetic to films that I watch, although I most certainly enjoyed the Terminator series. With that said, I am hoping that Terminator: Salvation does not disappoint too much.

Movies seem to be going on a downward slope nowadays.

Back