• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The Awful Truth About Webhosting

utcrazy

Wo ist mein handy
NLC
Hello all,

Let me just say that, yes this topic is different from the random posts that have been coming up in the GD. I just want to say a few things about web hosting that really get on ym nerves, they don't weigh out the good points, but are as important.

We had a client that was sending roughly 17,00 spam email every 10 minutes or so through a mail script. Simple enough, we terminate the account after we trace it to them. End of story, then the next day we get an IM. He says we should of told him we were terminateing the account, but he will not spam again. Now I could believe this rubbish, but I didn't. We have 0% tolerlence for spam. But he wouldn't give up saying it wasn't in our TOS, when it clearly is. He then said "Lyan" (Liam, former employee) never said he couldn't spam. Which is obviously a bunch of bull.

Sometimes, people just don't get it. Discuss, spam, people who just don't quit, and why you love the web hosting game.

Ciao.

We also had a spammer lately. I don't know where these people get the idea that they can send 50,000 + spam emails per day with their account.

Hosts have to trust their gut feeling and their instincts. Whenever I felt a new order might be suspicious, later I always find out why.

Spam is very a bad thing. I think more should be done about it, but at the same time I believe that suspending an account is more appropriate then terminating it, as spam can lead to federal lawsuits etc, and the government might want their sites, etc. It's just easier to suspend, but if nothing happens afer about 30 days, it's time to terminate.

LiquidGoat said:
Ut, are you italian?

Canadian. I suppose you're refering to the Ciao? It's just a signoff phrase I like to use. I'm not even of Italian decent. I'm German/Brtish.

Germans use ciao. Except it's spelled tschau.

Spammers suck, but are relativly easy to deal with.

Wow,

Its like that sometimes, but to be taken seriously you have to act seriously. Which you did.

If you "be easy" then people will run all over you in this industry, as another thread said they can "hide behind a keyboard and a network connection"

But for about 5 months now LytenHost delays orders for fraud and spam screening. Maybe a practice that you'll want to employ.

-Mike

I should of mentioned it was under one of my resellers, we do impliment fraud checking with orders.

Back