• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ThE LongesT ThreaD EveR

What does my post count or anyone's post count have to do with this thread reaching 24k posts? :S And why would I or anyone else lose posts if I updated the counters? Nothing has changed within the forum to warrant updating anything.

Just for synchronization purposes, so why not?

Just start it one day and then go to bed.
There is really no need. The cron takes care of that. For example, if we discover a new member without permissions has an older name and we merge them into the newer one, he/she still needs moderating until the cron runs and updates the post count and join time.

But if you still feel strongly that it needs doing, take it up with Peo.

Okay, I'll grow a spine and ask you if you go out of your way to be annoying or does it come naturally.

I have told you the cron takes care of updating things. Why should I spend time doing what is unnecessary. I have no problem fixing anything that may prevent things running smoothly, but I am damned if I am going to do something to satisfy a whim of yours.

Who cares? Maybe I just get a rise out of getting you upset because you're too up tight. It's an Internet forum for Christ's sake, and the spam forum at that. Lighten up.

Back