• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ThE LongesT ThreaD EveR

Well, I guess I'm gonna have to use lighttpd and manage all the other aspects of hosting myself without having any control panels, seeing how they mainly use Apache. Apache is for n00bs.

Eh... I believe there are more non-British descendants than there are British descendants in America. And, by the way, what makes you think that America, as a sovereign nation with different ideals and a different society, does not have the right to its own dialect, or its own language for that matter?

While written for a different context, the following quote from Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" applies here as well:
Small islands not capable of protecting themselves, are the proper objects for kingdoms to take under their care; but there is something very absurd, in supposing a continent to be perpetually governed by an island. In no instance hath nature made the satellite larger than its primary planet, and as England and America, with respect to each other, reverses the common order of nature, it is evident they belong to different systems: England to Europe, America to itself.

Why is this even an issue? Speak and write British English wherever, whenever, you like, and I'll speak and write American English the same, and we still fully comprehend each other. In other words, to each his own. Leave us be.

Back