• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The most stable free host?

Maplesea

I was reading this forum and came across few threads saying this host is down that host is dead. So, this sets me thinking what is the most reliable free hosting company?

I don't want to sign up a free hosting plan, set-up everything nicely and it is down the next day. Thanks.

2 main hosts for my sites are Namepad and Zoomcities. Both have been around for 2+ and 4+ yrs so I would call that stable.

I have never had any problem with Namepad, support has been prompt. I have not noticed any downtime or speed issues and were very cooperative when I had probs with a chat script.

Zoomcities has been stable, a couple probs this year, due to payment with their servers or something, but lately I havent gotten any support when asked about a co.cc domain and why it wasnt working (using their nameservers and whatnot)

I do use other sites, but havent been with them long to make an accurate long term summary

2 main hosts for my sites are Namepad and Zoomcities. Both have been around for 2+ and 4+ yrs so I would call that stable.

I have never had any problem with Namepad, support has been prompt. I have not noticed any downtime or speed issues and were very cooperative when I had probs with a chat script.

Zoomcities has been stable, a couple probs this year, due to payment with their servers or something, but lately I havent gotten any support when asked about a co.cc domain and why it wasnt working (using their nameservers and whatnot)

I do use other sites, but havent been with them long to make an accurate long term summary

I see, thanks for the reply. I guess as long as a free host is up and running, it should be acceptable. Personally, I don't expect any support considering it's free.

Will take a look at those 2 host.

Kaihao, you should expect at least midline support. There ARE some 100 hosts out there, so the guys with ZERO support will croak.

I'll take Sain Cai's word on his hosts. See my thread for other ideas. cWahi also meets the big longevity line. The rest of the hosts in my spread are newer, but I made a whole point to ask for hosts who plan to stick around.

ZoomCities has been around for awhile. I remember them opening up a few years ago and their staff has always been friendly even when talking to their competition.

I'm not familiar with the rest mentioned here, but that isn't surprising.

Last edited:
I agree, both Namepad and Zoomcities are very good. They been around for a very long time. With them you are always updated in any event going on.

I recommend IsMyWebsite.com highly as a reliable host.
I rarely get trouble on this server since September 2009 when I was given my account.
If something bad happen to you, the administrator of IsMyWebsite.com will soon respond to every situation.

I recommend IsMyWebsite.com highly as a reliable host.
I rarely get trouble on this server since September 2009 when I was given my account.
If something bad happen to you, the administrator of IsMyWebsite.com will soon respond to every situation.
Not to be disrespectful, but 2 months isnt really a solid base for comparison. I have known several hosts that gave great service the first couple months, then went under without warning. I am not saying this will happen to you, but I believe its better to post hosts that have been around for a couple years when making definite reviews

Sain Cai, I think their site says they have been around since Late2007 though possibly with a few glitches. It's under the Azoundria arc so possibly some precursors before that too.

Well, Byethost, 000webhost, etc. are good services, but they sometimes don´t offer what we need, because byethost only gives 50mb of mysql storage... that´s not so much, and 000webhost´s ftp run heavy, but, they are stable services... be carefully ;)

Not to be disrespectful, but 2 months isnt really a solid base for comparison. I have known several hosts that gave great service the first couple months, then went under without warning. I am not saying this will happen to you, but I believe its better to post hosts that have been around for a couple years when making definite reviews

Hi Sain Cai,

Just so you know, we are over 3 years in operation. Unlike (I believe all) other hosts (and indeed us in our first couple years), we have a total of 7 different providers, which gives us the flexibility to swap them out as necessary. Essentially, to take us down, an attack or disaster would have to be highly coordinated, and take out 7 separate servers in 7 different locations with 7 separate security setups. It does happen from time to time we get poor performance or a problem with one of our nodes, but those are generally easy to deal with and we can relocate accounts in seconds, choosing a different provider if necessary once all clients have been successfully looked after.

Hope that answers any doubts anyone may have.

Last edited:
Well even i'm planning to enter into free hosting arena .
Too bad i don't have my pages ready yet .
I'm trying to make em , but my exams have started , and in the stress of the exams i can't think of how to make it :(
Tao , read your post in my offer thread , but it's due to these reasons that i have no answer for you atm...

Coming back to topic , I also plan to be a stable , long term fellow who avoids over-selling(i won't do it unless i absolutely have to do it , can't see that happening at least for a couple and more yrs yet since i'm always finding more areas for getting resources) .
Of course i must thank my own hosts for this who i believe are already highly reputed hosting providers :)

But nowadays most guys prefer short term gains instead of long term stability , so i'm not sure if there'll be any takers for my(and your company's) stability .

What do you guys think ?

is it true, free and stable? I know cheap hosting shopaserver are very good in it just $2.5 but free and stable its amazing

You've got lots of energy and excitement, which is good to see. It's worth taking the time to properly plan. I spent roughly a year planning this before I launched it, and that still didn't prepare me for everything I would face here.

If you want to do a good job, you are in for some long nights for sure, so take the time to think through the decision carefully. Unless you think you offer something that's not already on the table, I'd doubt you'd be able to gather much of a following.

Last edited:
Thanks azoundria :)
I'm already accustomed to being an insomniac :)
I've been into app programming for about a year now and i try to fulfill app requests and speak to many ppl and what not .
And since time zones have always been a hindrance , i have made myself like a guy by the day and an owl by the night :)

I've been planning out my strategies for the D day , when it's time to execute .
(But nothing like you , you've got really massive patience planning for one whole yr :D
Amazing , seems the cause why you were able to survive for so long!)
Regarding the ideas i hold , i got tonnes of them , more than i or anyone might need .
But fortunately only the most feasible ones actually are taken into my prospect :)

So yes , i am trying to innovate , and hope all this effort comes useful :)
Oh , and if you ever feel a shortage of ideas , do let me know .
I'll be ever glad to share the ideas with you :)
And in return you guys can guide me with your expert advice which'll help me overcome inexperience issues :D

Have a nice day everyone :)
Best Regards,
Aloycasmir

First and foremost, proper spelling and grammar are a must if you want respect. If you don't want to look professional, and you don't want clients to sign up, then I'm sure it's always possible to do a worse job of grammar.

Secondly, you need to build up a fanbase by asking people what they want. And that's how I first marketed 3 years ago. It's like a cheatcode way to get people interested in something, is to put them in charge of it. Works so well. :)

And finally, don't expect to earn anything at all. I've lost $1000 so far in 3 years, and I'm just now starting to figure out how to actually break even.

That's all for now.

Good advice
I'll use it :)

Actually i do not have sufficient funds online .
Anyways , i'm not looking to make any sort of profits yet :)

Sain Cai, I think their site says they have been around since Late2007 though possibly with a few glitches. It's under the Azoundria arc so possibly some precursors before that too.

Hi Sain Cai,

Just so you know, we are over 3 years in operation. Unlike (I believe all) other hosts (and indeed us in our first couple years), we have a total of 7 different providers, which gives us the flexibility to swap them out as necessary. Essentially, to take us down, an attack or disaster would have to be highly coordinated, and take out 7 separate servers in 7 different locations with 7 separate security setups. It does happen from time to time we get poor performance or a problem with one of our nodes, but those are generally easy to deal with and we can relocate accounts in seconds, choosing a different provider if necessary once all clients have been successfully looked after.

Hope that answers any doubts anyone may have.

I of course didnt mean any disrespect, only that the person had his hosting for only 2 months. I look back and see I may have misposted what I meant. I wanted to say to post a review when your site (the one a person has thats hosted) has been on a specific host. As an example I have had a site hosted by a host for about 2 years, but I wouldnt review a site just yet for a site I had hosted only for a month. Thats just me personally and do not mean to degrade anything from the hoster.

Back