• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

this cannot be real *pokes himself*

ON the server page it did say that the speakers were used to blast music.

No, my friend, you are wrong. On the server page it says this:

At first glance at this picture, you might think that it's sucking up all of the power in the world. Actually, there are only 2 things plugged into the back of the box: The power cord and the cat5 cable running to the router. No, it doesn't have 2 webcams hooked up to it while it blasts music :D

It says there are only 2 things plugged into the back, the cat5 cable and the power cord. Then it says, "No , it doesnt have 2 webcames hooked up to i while it blasts music."

Originally posted by Lovellz

anyways it probably will be a Bussiness Package :cool:

The business package is the same speed, just cost more. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Pests

It says there are only 2 things plugged into the back, the cat5 cable and the power cord. Then it says, "No , it doesnt have 2 webcames hooked up to it while it blasts music."

Keyword: while

So what you are trying to say is that the server doesn't have 2 webcams hooked up at the same time when it's blasting music.

Waaaaaaah, this topic is still alive? <grin>

Well, pretty much all of the questions have been answered. We're not doing too badly at all right now.. And by the way-- the connection IS on business DSL. Just to let you know about that.

I'm going to start replying again, as the signups have died down a bit.

I know I'm a bit behind on the signups, but I can't really do anything at the moment, I'm compiling the Linux kernel off of the Gentoo 1.4 LiveCD. (To anyone who's done this, you know how hard it is to do stuff when you have to wait for the CD to spin up periodically.)

Going strong, >1200 users. Woo!

Just a brief note about tech support: We're a user-help-user thing here, so this cuts down on the need to hire people, etc. Cyan's idea around this is-- You get what you pay for. Paying nothing gets a snippy attitude from him (And probably me doing something else while idling on IRC), and you have to rely on other people who may or may not know the problem/solution.

We just got another hard drive to deal with backups. That should help out a bit.

Well, I'm tired. Later.

This sounds too good to be true... This guy runs a charity or what? :p

Offtopic: It has been so long since I came here again...

Ah. That just sounds like f2o. Except f2o is more concerned with their members learning web technology than with the hosting. And the only thing that Flatface exeeds f2o at is in terms of web space - 75MB vs 200MB. Nothing I've seen so far can beat f2o. No way. Not by a mile. But Flatface, get ready; when I force my classmates to make websites I'll make them all sign up for Flatface. (And probably tell them it suits them.)

Originally posted by trfc791
Ah. That just sounds like f2o. Except f2o is more concerned with their members learning web technology than with the hosting. And the only thing that Flatface exeeds f2o at is in terms of web space - 75MB vs 200MB. Nothing I've seen so far can beat f2o. No way. Not by a mile. But Flatface, get ready; when I force my classmates to make websites I'll make them all sign up for Flatface. (And probably tell them it suits them.)

and then overcourse the fact

www.f2o.org - closed for new registrations
www.flatface.net - isn't

:rolleyes:

flatface will rock on :D

Haha. You know why? Because people don't realise that having an f2o account is a privilege, not a right. At flatface, it is almost a given that you will get your account. At f2o, they must judge if your site is worth they space they put in. When they do host you, they are dedicated and not money-driven. Can't remember what the exact words were, but djc said something like this: "Any money we make out of this is just a bonus." And even if f2o is closed, there's always http://members.evolt.org. (Also run by djc, but probably much harder to get the webspace.)

Flatface must also have some regulations. It's not easy to hold back from becoming another Geocities or Tripod. I understand the no-ads part, but if they accept every site, there will undoubtably be abusers.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yes with f20 u get a good deal BUT u cant signup there acco----a are like "finished" they have a limited number of accounts!!!

sooooooooooooo flatface still rocks.......:D

Att: Flat face

ATT: FLAT FACE
what did u say about sign ups? I have signedup more that 8 hours ago...........respect............i know u got alottta signups BUT do u get contacted with a reply saying i have been accpeted OR must i just go try my user and pass to seee if i have been activated?

??????????????????????????? ---------- ???????????????????

I think this offer is pretty good and I'm not surprised flatface can afford to offer it for free. I myself can run a server manually on apache with PHP and MySQL for free. It's a question of dedication. Btw, to whoever pointed out f2o.org, thank you. It's paid hosting seems just like what I can afford with exactly the features I wanted. Why am I not going with flatface? I would if they had subdomains and would have applied a long time ago, if they had domain name service as well. Well, you get what you pay for...

Originally posted by johnleemk
I think this offer is pretty good and I'm not surprised flatface can afford to offer it for free. I myself can run a server manually on apache with PHP and MySQL for free. It's a question of dedication. Btw, to whoever pointed out f2o.org, thank you. It's paid hosting seems just like what I can afford with exactly the features I wanted. Why am I not going with flatface? I would if they had subdomains and would have applied a long time ago, if they had domain name service as well. Well, you get what you pay for...

If you pay u can get a flatface.net subdomain :-/

Back