• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Time to rebuild my host spread

ROFL!! Some of these hosts still ban file storage and file sharing sites in their AUP. I take a mess of 14MP images, link them to a simple HTML gallery (takes care of the file storage, and the CPU/load issue clauses) and away I go.

I haven't checked Flyhosting's terms yet, so that was just an off the cuff idea. But I generally would want to have an html gallery link, that's the way I think. (Heh including speed at the cost of UI. I have a couple methods for semi-auto generating web pages.)

BTW, you have some wrapping issues on your new page. Looks horrible in IE, but fine in FF.

2yjwvq1.jpg

I think I found the wrapping thing.

In one of the sweeps to remove bad code, I deleted the doctype at the top. It didn't seem to matter for Firefox and the other browsers, but apparently IE cares about it and assumes some other kind of default. So the spacing looks better now.

Okay, so it's probably safe to post the board link again.

http://www.freevoteusa.com/index.html

The new hosts are in score order now too.

Last edited:
Is the freevoteusa version supposed to light up like the subdomain versions do?

I'm not seeing it if it is, although my copy of the subdomain version is showing all hosts listed as active.

Is the freevoteusa version supposed to light up like the subdomain versions do?

I'm not seeing it if it is, although my copy of the subdomain version is showing all hosts listed as active.

Yea it's supposed to, and I just fixed the IE wrap problem (for IE8, I can't test lower), so it's green to go from here. I don't know what that means if you can't see it, it's supposed to be a simple concept for the board - just remote called graphics and a simple page. You see the rest of the page with blue and yellow right?

Yeah, the rest of the page is showing correctly. But the dashboard lights are all blue, whereas on taophoenix.* versions they are all yellow.

Not entirely sure why that would be so unless the recent changes made Firefox unable to display it instead.

Yeah, the rest of the page is showing correctly. But the dashboard lights are all blue, whereas on taophoenix.* versions they are all yellow.

Not entirely sure why that would be so unless the recent changes made Firefox unable to display it instead.

Check the page code, because I think I did a Brand/Style change. The FreeVoteUsa version is now my Best Known Copy and I decided that Yellow was too glaring (in absence of any feedback in either direction) so if you see Blue at all, the host is up, otherwise I think it becomes some sorta ugly washed out thing. I was deciding that Blue meant Posted, Yellow was Placeholder.

But if you were a fan of yellow, advise what I am supposed to do with the color coding yellow vs blue post and placeholder. I only have three colors of the "mysterious graphic" that I don't quite fully understand. : )

Dang it...he doesn't offer 5TB of bandwidth anymore. I was hoping to to get one of those $11 account and pull 5TB off of it. There is always the 1TB $8 reseller account. 5 of those ought to do the trick. :)

Yes, he changed his packages shortly after I "crashed" his server. It was actually my first idea to try and test the 5TB bandwidth (not disk space...:p). I guess that changed when I couldn't save 30GB onto the server itself!!!

Yes, he changed his packages shortly after I "crashed" his server. It was actually my first idea to try and test the 5TB bandwidth (not disk space...:p). I guess that changed when I couldn't save 30GB onto the server itself!!!

ROFL!! Embarrassing.

Hello Everyone.
I did a little study with Flyhosts.net. Read my article on it here (it was too long to post here)

http://www.theswagbay.org/flyhosts-net

You got to see this.

This reminds me of when I uploaded 200GB worth of files to mwzaf and then downloaded them a couple hundred times a year or two ago. I even posted on his forum telling him what I was doing (while I was uploading the files -- not downloading them. And I even included a picture with my account username. And he removed the entire thread a hour or so after posting it). Unsurprisingly, his entire "unlimited" free host dropped off the face of the earth a few days after.

Unsurprisingly, his entire "unlimited" free host dropped off the face of the earth a few days after.

He was probably hit with so many bandwidth overages, he couldn't stay in business. ha ha! I love stupidly-oversold accounts.

Yes, TheSwagBay.org was indeed hacked. (I can't point fingers, but it was probally Ryan at Flyhosts) Question: Did he also hack my FWS account? I think threads were deleted by moderators before I saw them....
I will get that article up ASAP. Good thing I keep offsite backups....

Wow, my backup did not include that latest post. Did anybody by any chance save that article I wrote? I want to repost it, to frame Flyhost's fail, and warn others of the nightmare lurking.
If anybody does, PM me, or please post it here.
Scott

Last edited:
Back