• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Traffic Statistics

Wojtek

W as in Whisky
NLC
So what do you use for your web traffic stats?

I can't decide what do use.
Currently am using awstats. For the Free price tag, its pretty good. It would of been perfect if it had some kind of unique/day stats, not only /month.

I'm trying TrackPro now. Great unbloated interface, but its got only uniques/visits. No pageviews.

I did use pphlogger back in the days, wich had both pageviews and uniques. Pretty rough unfished interface. But its functionnal.

No what about paid?

lets not count here multi-thousand$ apps like urchin and deepmetrix.

I did try SmarterStats, but was a little dissapointed. nice graphs but 2 major drawbacks
1) there is no unique visitors graphs nowhere.
I did find info about uniques in the 2.x help files, but nothing in the 3.x version... weird.
2) free version lets you create custom reports. profesionnal does Not, enterprise does. Kind of sucky licensing scheme.

Had a look at actualanalyzer, but meh, nothing special about it. wouldnt buy.

Any other stats program in the <200$ price range that give pretty decent stats?

I honestly just use awstats. I dont look too much into them, and its free and works fairly well. Plus, its been pretty tried and true, its not exactly what I'd call a "new product"

AWStats/ModLogAn/Webalizer

I really don't pay much attention, but they're all included in H-Sphere so I'll occasionally look just for the hell of it. Some of the search strings can be amusing.

google.gif

I've given up trying to install awstats on my VPS :(

I tried google analytics but i swear its wrong; im sending more visitors to a site linked to on my site than google's telling me my site's getting.

wdows or nix? might be able to help you if wdows

awstats is not that bad, except its kind of sluggish
and it has no unique / day info.

my startpage is a neat mix of some mrtg graphs and a grid of awstats totals for all my websites :)
Just gotta find a way to display unique/day grr

T.M. said:
I've given up trying to install awstats on my VPS :(

I tried google analytics but i swear its wrong; im sending more visitors to a site linked to on my site than google's telling me my site's getting.

you are absolutely right, there are a lot of problems with the google stats at the moment, just paints a totally different picture. The conversion rates also dont work very well right now...

Analytics is bad :eek:

seriously.

It says my site has had around 5,500 visits.
Via a single 88x31 button it has sent over 9,000 to my other site (monitored with awstats).
There are over 30 of these buttons.
Something doesn't add up.

I've given statcounter up as they told me there were 10 uniques in fact it was 120 uniques :confused4

Well I use bbclone, and it works great :). It has features such as:

- See your visitors OS's, browsers, Countries, ISP's
- Top 10 visited pages
- Top 10 referrers (pages which linked to yours and they clicked it)
- Top 10 search engine keywords
- Sort visitors by hour, day, week and year
- And alot more

This is installed client side, with a small snippet of php code being placed in your pages. Works great! Just google "bbclone" to get yourself a copy :).

Back