• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Two questions here.

SC-Jon

My first question is..

I'm looking for a datacenter in the UK that offers IRCd hosting, our network is looking to expand to the UK area for the UK users to easily access our network on their side. If you have any ideas, or suggestions with this, could you please let me know? I'd like for it to be a reliable network, that has been up for awhile.

My second question is, I'm looking for a dedicated server around 120$ a month, a hosting company I'm with wants 150$ + 50$ setup fee, and I'm hoping to avoid that.

again, requested server be with a company that has been around for awhile.

Cheers. :)

Edit: Now that I think about it, this is probably in between questions, and requests..I'll let the mods decide.

Last edited:
I've found the UK IRCd hosting in a data center in London.

so, that's okay. What I'm looking for now is the dedicated server, that or a high-end VPS.

VPS that I was offered a bit ago, was 80$ a month, 60GB space, 1000gb BANDWIDTH, 1028mb ram, redundant services, and 6-8 IPs.

Which to be honest, doesn't sound that bad for 80$. 80$ including cpanel fee, without cpanel is about 60$

depending on the CPU specs on the vps, you could probably get a low-end dedi for the same price if you shop around.

Make sure you're in a good data center, not BurstNET or any cheap ones that will screw you over.

depending on the CPU specs on the vps, you could probably get a low-end dedi for the same price if you shop around.

Make sure you're in a good data center, not BurstNET or any cheap ones that will screw you over.

It's not BurstNET. :)

The Datacenter that they used was Savvis at one time, but now it's their own private datacenter operating our of Montreal, QC.

Get what you pay for is what I say.

Also UK2.net, looking around they don't offer it, but that's okay. I've already got the server I needed. :) Now it's just the high-end VPS or low-end Dedi.

Most providers do not allow IRC. I think Burst, however does. I also know that FDC servers in Chicago allows IRC.

Back