• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Unbelievable: Nulled Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the thing is, like I said. localhost isn't a specific computer, for instance mysql always connects to 'localhost' ie, the computer its installed on. So what you're very oddly advising is that vBulletin can be installed on any computer.

Localhost=Everycomputer

:S

Well the thing is, like I said. localhost isn't a specific computer, for instance mysql always connects to 'localhost' ie, the computer its installed on. So what you're very oddly advising is that vBulletin can be installed on any computer.

Localhost=Everycomputer

:S

lol that's correct, if you advise people to install on localhost then you can install it on anyhost! When you connect to any hosting tru FTP or Control Panel you are connected to localhost. But if you mean that people can install it on there LAN or Local Network's Computer then that's another thingy.

Where does it say they're allowed?

Posts by vBul rep:
Technically you could run a nulled version if you have a license for it and have set the URL correctly in your members area.
Colin F - Nov 30th 2005

It seems I was mistaken though. Please only use the original files with each license.
Colin F - Aug 7th 2006

I'm still waiting for that " your allowed to use a nulled vbull on 'localhost' " ;)

If you could run nulled vbulletin on localhost for free, then that basically means that FWS whould save a lot of money ;)

There are many warez places nulled scripts can be found easly
Including http (Linking to Free upload places with password protected .rars)
theres also over like 400000 IRC channels where this sorta stuff gos on
So finding nulled scripts can be very easy
I just got in trouble for posting warez links :eek:
Didnt mean to was just trying to explain its not hard if you wanna be that lame to steal scripts!
Anyway I dont do it just wanted to say that
Cyaz

so this mean if i wanna check sites i host
i have to check a file in each folder for each client !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until you reply here and post the official source from vbulletin.com I will not believe it, and neither should anyone else.

Don't believe something someone posted on a forum who read it on another forum posted by someone who read it on another forum, etc ;) You get the point.

That's called stealing someone's work ;)
I saw it on the official vBulletin's forum. Forgot where is it, I will look for it and then post the link.

By the way, I meant localhost as 127.0.0.1 or localhost into the browser window. Basically Apache on LAN.

I might have remembered wrongly though, since it was a few years back. Or they might have changed the piracy policy.

I remember it because I wanted to try out vB, so I searched on Google and there was a result linking to a thread in the official vB forum.

EDIT: Well I might be wrong, but I cannot seem to find the original post anymore either though Google or the search functions in vBulletin forums. I believed they changed the piracy policy and hence deleted the post, or I might have recalled wrongly. So my statement is probably wrong or rather, completely wrong to some people. It does make some sense in a way, and you are not using the nulled version to do anything else except for testing. However I will now recommend you not to do it, as I have reasons to believe it is disallowed now even if it was allowed before.

My apologies to everyone. Sorry.

Last edited:
place this in your browser if you are suspicious about a site.
"index.php?ipscheck=1&key=ipscheck$1@@"

The file should show something like this
Code:
<ipscheck>
<result>1</result>
<customer_id>1234</customer_id>
<account_id>1234</account_id>
<version_id/>
<version_string>2.2.1</version_string>
<release_hash><{%dyn.down.var.md5%}></release_hash>
</ipscheck>

Last edited:
just because it's on your localhost and the outgoing ports are blocked doesn't mean you're allowed.... a) it'd be pointless to do so because you can only see it on your computer at home
b) the only reason you could get away with it is because no one else would be able to see you have it, unless you share your computer lol

just because it's on your localhost and the outgoing ports are blocked doesn't mean you're allowed.... a) it'd be pointless to do so because you can only see it on your computer at home
b) the only reason you could get away with it is because no one else would be able to see you have it, unless you share your computer lol
I can't argue the second point because it is pretty true, but it is not pointless to do so as I have mentioned it is for TESTING purposes. There is no need for anyone else to see it then. :p

Anyway let just ignore my post. :)

I found a keylogger on one of my checks recently. Reported it to the FBI :S Probably shouldnt have sent it to general enquiries. :p

Haha! What do you think you will ever achieve with that? Don't waste their time.

er well james. In the log folder of the persons site i found log ins for bank detils, paypal etc.

I passed on the IP and details to them. Thats generally what police etc do, look into crimes. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back