• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Unbelievable Requests/Offers!

phprocks

I think some people are simply requesting space & bandwidth which they think they will get, free, without posting or displaying ads. I have seen some people request something like 2GB space, 25GB bandwidth, and I think that is a very high amount of space & bandwidth to request, especially if they say "NO ADS, NO POSTING!!". People have got to understand, okay, well, 250MB space, 5GB bandwidth is pretty reasonable, but 2GB of space, I'd say that's very unreasonable to request for free. I know some people may be able to offer it, but the free hosting industry is just increasing in what "people want", eventually people will start requesting space like 10GB, and that is very unreasonable. See where I'm coming from? Some hosters may be able to provide like 1GB/10GB, but everyone requesting that much, I mean "every" requester, that would be just pathetic. Just my two cents :p.

Yep, we are actually tired of those kids who do those kind of requests. That is why we only tend to provide hosting to those who really deserves it and to those who actually know what they are doing.. If they ask for too much 2GB/10GB etc, that means they dont have a clue on what they are doing. They are more of a hassle. We protect our servers by not hosting those kind of kids and we also maintain the High Quality of our hosting services.

Zac

You also have to love it when they sign up for the free web hosting and never return to use it.

Yep, we are actually tired of those kids who do those kind of requests. That is why we only tend to provide hosting to those who really deserves it and to those who actually know what they are doing.. If they ask for too much 2GB/10GB etc, that means they dont have a clue on what they are doing. They are more of a hassle. We protect our servers by not hosting those kind of kids and we also maintain the High Quality of our hosting services.

Zac

I agree totally, i dont run a hosting company, but people ask for unrealistic amounts of webspace and bandwidth because:

1) they think their idea will be really popular and they can grow into to the hosting not getting something small and then expanding with their freehost in return for a ad or link when they grow. And that thier member count/traffic will soar from day one.

2)They have no idea about how much bandwidth they will be using and dont really have much of an idea about anything but just want a stab at online profits

If they ask for too much 2GB/10GB etc, that means they dont have a clue on what they are doing. They are more of a hassle. We protect our servers by not hosting those kind of kids and we also maintain the High Quality of our hosting services.

:thumbsup :God: :applaudin :applaudin

:beer:

Zac

Exactly right there Zac. It's the reasonable requests you look for! :)

The ones who actually need something like 1GB/10GB, that's fine in my opinion. However, ones who just request it "incase they run out" are stupid. I think there needs to be a sticky about stupid requests. :p

With so many jokers around, I think it is due time for the mods to start filtering out the stupid requests. We have to get the message across that we have a certain standard when it comes to accepting web hosting requests.

Yea! Its just lame that people requesting free reseller plans and expect to pay nothing for it. If your going to make some sort of profit, should at lease give some back.

Yea! Its just lame that people requesting free reseller plans and expect to pay nothing for it. If your going to make some sort of profit, should at lease give some back.

I wouldn't mind giving a reseller account..

On a reseller program, where I get 40% of 10 of their biggest sales for 6 months, by then they would've paid me back. (Varies on the space and bandwidth I gave them.)

But those folks asking for free VPS and such as just idiots.

You know I have seen so many posts about this subject - but I never see someone that wants that much space and bandwidth for free come and defend themselves. So that is telling me - they can ask for it but they can't just justify it.

Thanks,
Adam

The reason those kids keep asking for so much space / bandwidth is because there are oversellers in this forum who keep feeding them.

Back