• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

VBulletin OR Invision Power board (IPB)?

phpbb is a hackers meal if you know what i mean ;) ipb has a good layout and vb is nice also!! vb looks more pro though!

I like vb the best. IPB I used to like, and would be my first choice if I was making a site until they went on with this paid crap. phpBB in my opinion is crap, I've used it loads of times and it just feels all wrong. Plus, looks the same.

I prefer IPB, never felt confortable using the AdminCP in vBulletin. Though IPB has gone down slightly since they've went paid, but what can I say it's business.

I would rather get a free one anyways , unless of coarse someone offers me a free licence for vB or IPB. ;)

I like vBulletin better than Invision, though Invision is okay (way better than phpbb), but they're both imperfect. I therefore upgraded by vBulletin and Invision forums to my own software, which you can all start admiring in a few weeks once I have an official 1.0 release. ;) (I always knew I'd use my 1000th post to spam.)

It looks worthy of accolades. Needs just a little bit of something still, seems just a bit bland. That's more to do with the theme than the actual script itself though.

Nice work Hoth! (and Matt8 for finding it)

I'm running it there and also at http://www.webmastersite.net/forums . It is ugly, I'm fully aware of that, I have no delusions of being artistically talented or tasteful. ;) (On the plus side, my lack of design taste always forces me to make my scripts more easily customizable.) I plan to have a template contest with a decent cash prize and other incentives once it's released in order to hopefully rectify that problem.

Back