• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Virginia Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame on you for that kind of talk Wojtek, imagine how you would feel if you knew one of those people. How dare you make a game of it. I don't think even in America they make fun of countless people losing their lives.

Please stop preaching about how the US is full of idiots with guns. This was able to happen in any country at any place. I believe you are being extremely narrow-minded if you think like this. Please stop talking about something which you do not know. My family friend works in a building at the university 300 yards away from the first shooting, so please show some respect to those who lost their lives.

Please stop preaching about how the US is full of idiots with guns. This was able to happen in any country at any place. I believe you are being extremely narrow-minded if you think like this. Please stop talking about something which you do not know. My family friend works in a building at the university 300 yards away from the first shooting, so please show some respect to those who lost their lives.

Name another country that has a had a mass shooting for no particular reason in an educational place?

Not that situation in particular. Look for any country that had a mass killing. And what do you mean for no particular reason? They haven't even released that bit to the public yet, buddy.

I am just trying to get the people massacred some respect, without that some jackasses would have a field day with this.

Well the only mass killings in the UK would be the IRA, in which US dolars paid for all their bombs.

I'm just saying to themainman that although you can state that it's not one of those "only in America" situations, it doesn't make it not one.

And to be perfectly blunt, I don't really care that much for the people who got killed. Of course I'd have preferred for it not to happen, but if I cared for every time some random (to me - I didn't know a single one of those people) died, I'd never be happy.

Since this has happened TODAY, hundreds of kids have died in Africa. Hundreds of people have been hit by cars. Hundreds have died from disease or illness. Many from wars, even. What makes these people any different from the Americans that were killed? But nobody's preaching to me to think about them all the time.

And as I posted this James posted above me "Horrible world we live in" - exactly, but I don't want to cry about it every second of my life.

themainman,

Sometimes humor is the greatest cure. Some people deal with these things with Humor, I know for a fact that I am. You deal with this your way, and everyone else deals with it their way, if that includes humor, who are you to tell them to stop?

I don't know, but I think for some people this kind of subject won't go well with humour. Try telling the families of the ceased "Use your humour to deal with it.".... :(

Hosting-shack, the people that are using humor aren't trying to deal with this. How can you take a murder and make it into something funny? The ones making jokes could give two craps about the subject in which they are posting.

Hosting-shack, the people that are using humor aren't trying to deal with this. How can you take a murder and make it into something funny? The ones making jokes could give two craps about the subject in which they are posting.

I have to disagree. You're view is a little one sided tho. I have lost people close to me, and I resorted to humor, it was the only thing kept me sane each day.

Apparently every one here has completely missed the big picture. This IS gun control at its finest! Gun control only really ensures that law abiding people do not have guns. Criminal are ... criminals and they do not care that it is a crime for them to have a gun. After all their other actions are crimes as well and the law does not deter them there.

FACT: Guns have been banned from that university. http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/wb/xp-21770
FACT: The criminal brought a gun anyway.
FACT: All students following the rules did not bring their weapons and were defenseless.

If people that had permits to carry a weapon been allowed to have them on campus it is very possible that the shooter could have been stopped before taking so many lives.

Well the only mass killings in the UK would be the IRA, in which US dolars paid for all their bombs.

Sorry Richard, as much as I respect you and you are a good guy, but please don't blame the Irish for ALL the bombings in England. That's not right and if you followed the subject, as sick as it is, over the years you will know who is responsible.

A little sensitivity is need here.
Australia had a similar episode a couple of years back (1997) in Port Arthur, Tasmania where a guy called Martin Bryant killed a dozen people with a shot gun.

Best to keep serious/sad topics serious/sad :)

Name another country that has a had a mass shooting for no particular reason in an educational place?
Twice here in Montreal, Canada.
Once in 1989 at the Polytechnique de Montreal (14 women dead)
And once last year in Dawson College (1 dead)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back