• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Virginia Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
heymrdj: No, I don't want guns to be illegal and it's not illegal here in Sweden to own a gun either. In my opinion disarming criminals is the job of the police, not the citizens. You tried to argue that the situation is the same all over the world and I pointed out that it really is not. That's all.

I can't believe there are still people left in this world that say limit guns. If a bad guy wants a gun, he'll get a gun. So what, lets disarm the innocent people so they can't fight back. Honestly..bright ideas.

Guns don't kill, people kill with them. You teach the people to use morality in their lives, and we won't have an issue with people owning guns. I myself own many weapons, 12ga, 30x6, pellet air rifle, .357 magnum, 7" knife. I'm about to get a hold of a samurai sword and two 9mm. I train with them all. But I would never use them on humans except in self defense. Why? Because I'm moral. What do I use the weapons for? Bird, deer, and turkey hunting. And the occasional Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake that comes in on your hunting position...

American's Views Dont Change! :tired2: :confused4

Its not that no one should have guns
What people are saying is in the USA they are not controled enough
People steal guns out of houses all the time and there is many on the blackmarket
If they controled it better So you had to have it in a safer place & they didnt give them to every tom ---- and harry it wouldnt be so bad
Also limiting the usage of pistols is a good idea as they are not really made for hunting and your claiming you hunt? eh?

Btw "Guns dont kill people kill with them"
On GTA 3 It said something like that except it was "Guns dont kill people people kill people"
And guess what
IT was ment as a joke ;)

And the defence thing thats the police's job + if guns where more limited you wouldnt need "defence" k.

At one time there was like 3 school shootings in a week,
Dam thats crazy thats totaly out of control and stupid to think there isnt a problem
Not only that but you dont hear of it in many other countrys,
OH, well as long as we can hunt and "protect" ourselves let our kids die?

Right on Matt!
And that is why gun control doesn't work. The only people gun control hurts are the good law abiding citizens that buy guns legally.

Anybody that is planning on committing a crime with a gun will not go out and buy one legally and register it anyways because it will lead back to them. Also most criminals already have past convictions and are not able to legally purchase a firearm. This is what the liberals don't seem to understand.

I read early today that the guns that idiot used in this shooting had the serial numbers rubbed off ... go figure. He bought the gun on the streets illegally.

No ----!
But where do they get the guns from ;)
They steal them from the good guys!

Last edited:
People kill people. Guns don't. If a criminal wants a gun, they can get a gun. Enforcing stricter gun laws won't do sh*t.

I know what you mean Peo. At one time or another, in the history of a country, someone has went to a school and shot someone. Every life matters, doesn't matter if it was one or 40+, the fact is it happened

American's Views Dont Change! :tired2: :confused4

Its not that no one should have guns
What people are saying is in the USA they are not controled enough
People steal guns out of houses all the time and there is many on the blackmarket
If they controled it better So you had to have it in a safer place & they didnt give them to every tom ---- and harry it wouldnt be so bad
Also limiting the usage of pistols is a good idea as they are not really made for hunting and your claiming you hunt? eh?

Btw "Guns dont kill people kill with them"
On GTA 3 It said something like that except it was "Guns dont kill people people kill people"
And guess what
IT was ment as a joke ;)

And the defence thing thats the police's job + if guns where more limited you wouldnt need "defence" k.

At one time there was like 3 school shootings in a week,
Dam thats crazy thats totaly out of control and stupid to think there isnt a problem
Not only that but you dont hear of it in many other countrys,
OH, well as long as we can hunt and "protect" ourselves let our kids die?

No ----!
But where do they get the guns from ;)
They steal them from the good guys!

Well I know where you common sense comes from now. A video game...how intelligent...:tired2: and out of all the possible games to get knowledge from its GTA 3, the one that says you can shoot down helicopters, shoot innocent people and police officers, and steal 500 cars in one night. Yeah...very realistic....if you're on crack.

Control doesn't do squat except lengthen the time to get a gun. My uncle had a death threat from a brother-in-law beacuse he wanted to marry his sis, and he had to wait 90days to get a pistol just os he could feel safe. Any one of those days something could have happened to him. And the police...well as when there's any kind of domestic dispute...it was taken fairly lightly.

You say control. yeah right. Blackmarket, learn about it. Criminals will get guns, always have, always will, as they say in GTA "I got connections". If you're so smart, describe a system that covers all the backdoors so that criminals are completely disarmed.

I know what you mean Peo. At one time or another, in the history of a country, someone has went to a school and shot someone. Every life matters, doesn't matter if it was one or 40+, the fact is it happened

No, no... you compared one guy being shot due to a drug deal gone wrong in Sweden with the mass murders of completely innocent people in US schools. However sad that first incident in Sweden was, it's not the same thing. Period.

I dont know what your trying to say
I used the GTA as a EG of how stupid your comments on "Guns dont kill, People kill" is
And by what you just said about the game you proved my point ;)

And yes I have a answer to that too
Make it harder to import guns by spending more money on the boarders security
We live in the days of computers/scanners/etc
Its easy to pickup a gun all thats needed is a little money invested!

All this would make guns harder to get
It wouldnt STOP them But just make it that much harder that the crazy people mass-shooting people wouldnt be able to get hold of them as much
If your that crazy chances are you have no "connections."

"Guns dont kill, People kill"
Mabye they dont but
I doubt very much someone could kill that many people with only a knife.

Last edited:
gun law does help, at least here in Australia anyway.

I know that if I suddenly go crazy today and decide to kill all people at my workplace, I would NOT know where to get a gun from, simply because it's not readily available in Australia.

Sure, some other people might have other avenues in getting illegal weapons, but for majority of Australians, guns aren't for sale. :)

As I said, some random who I don't know. Of course it's a very big difference if you actually know them yourself. I've had only a few deaths close to me in my life and of course I was very mournful.

Random or not, something has changed within me after the experience. The combination of words "Who Cares?" was erased from my vocabulary.

The way I look at it, if somebody wants to go ape crazy and kill a bunch of people, a gun law won't stop them. They will get their guns and weapons anyway they can. I had the same argument back when I was in middle/high school and they kept trying to pass a teenage curfew law to reduce crime. If a "criminal" was planning on breaking laws anyway, why would they listen to another one, so easily broken and uneasily enforced?

Couldn't have said it better myself, well put.

Such a waste, your heart really does go out to the families (of both the victims and the murderer..)

I know that if I suddenly go crazy today and decide to kill all people at my workplace, I would NOT know where to get a gun from, simply because it's not readily available in Australia.
It would have to be really premeditated crazy to give you time to find a gun :p

When people snap like this dude did yesterday, and guns were not freely available, those innocent people would still be alive today. How simple is that to understand, those of you who think you have "rights" to own a gun?

allanh and Jan both make (kind of the same) very good points.

Maybe it is time America had stricter gun laws.

Not that it's ever going to happen or anything, I'm just saying maybe it should.

Video games are not to blame here -_-

I didn't watch the Dr Phil thing, just saw the title, so apologies if my comment is completely out of context.

They say on the news he bought the gun 5 weeks ago at a local gun store.
He was of legal age, us citizen and no criminal background, so they sold him.

We do have the right to bear arms (Americans) to protect us from maniacs like that freak!
Who is going to protect us? .. the police? ...by the time they got there 40 people were dead.

Like I said early if somebody else had a gun there they could have prevented some of those killings as well.

When people snap like this dude did yesterday, and guns were not freely available, those innocent people would still be alive today. How simple is that to understand, those of you who think you have "rights" to own a gun?

This is undoubtedly the worst school shooting, high school, college or otherwise, in the history of our country. There are some facts, however, about some of these school shootings of which you probably are not aware. Do you know, for instance, that at least three shootings in high schools were stopped by civilians with guns? Civilians, not law enforcement. In one case a civilian was traveling past a school when he saw children running from the building. One told him that there was a student inside shooting people. The civilian pulled his gun, ran in side, and confronted the student. The student put down the gun and surrendered. In another case a high school vice-principal heard that there was a student in the hallways with a gun. He sprinted a half-mile to his car. He had a gun in his car so he had to park off campus. He then sprinted back with the gun to confront the student. Lives saved. There have been many other cases where civilians with guns have prevented further carnage at the hands of killers. The media isn't fond of reporting these episodes because they don't contribute to the cause of gun control.

allanh and Jan both make (kind of the same) very good points.

Maybe it is time America had stricter gun laws.

Not that it's ever going to happen or anything, I'm just saying maybe it should.
allanh and Jan both made points based on emotion and not fact. Read the graph Jan posted, murder rates in her country did not decline when their gun laws were enacted. Maybe there are a few less by guns, but the overall rate did not decrease. Post statitsics showing that murder decreases in countries with strict gun control. I know that in the uk gun crimes have increased when they enacted gun control, while these crimes decreased in the US in the same period. Explain that for me. Why should we follow their lead when it did not work for them?

There are so many incorrect facts in this thread I do not know where to start. Infact for the moment I am just going to say this. Please do not make statements based on emotion only. You have a computer do some research to back your statements up. This make for a much more productive discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back