• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

visitor counter

ace0

This prolly isnt html...but how do you make the counters that say how many ppl are browsing a page?

yeah...i downloaded it...now how do i install it or set it up...sorry im not very good at this php stuff...and what exactly does it do?

You will have to setup PhpMyAdmin on your server. It's not too difficult. There is documentation on how to do it in the download package.

PhpMyAdmin is just a tool that manages your MySQL databases.

ugh i don't understand php...I would be willing to give advertising space on my website if someone could set it up for me...if I email the information? Please email me if you are interested...

If you're planning on putting it on your current site (in your sig)'s hosting it won't work as fateback does not support php or mysql, if you have a different server somewhere which supports php and mysql, it is simple enough.

You just need to edit the configuration options in the config file.

Your host should have given you all the details you need such as the name of your database, password, username, host name etc, you just need to put them in the config file and hopefully everything should ba dandy :)

Seriously? You're really going to bump a 9 year old thread? Most hosting providers have stat programs installed that will show you everything you need to know about your visitors.

Very good question and very good answers, i;m very glad that you have solved this problom.
Thanks for all friends sharing the good info!

If you don't mind Google having some visitor data on your site, just go with analytics. Otherwise you may have to pay for a service like getclicky.

Back