• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Vista Anyone

utcrazy

Wo ist mein handy
NLC
Hey Y'all,

Anyone using vista yet? Can anyone comment on the updated features or stability, I haven't used it since the beta.

Thanks

Hello

I am using it. i am on P4 2.4 GHz with 512 MB of Memory and it runs smooth, i really like the new layout and better graphics. no doubt it uses way more system resources then old window versions.

I'd personally wait 6-12 months before personally buying it for myself.
Who knows what bugs or glitches are on it.

Nothing really special about Vista, it's just a new look.
Much of the options are re-located and sorted differently so it will take some time to get used to the new interface.

What annoys me most is that I cannot install software that has unsigned signature like Firefox. It just wouldn't install it and I just used Opera.

Definitely, Vista is a hog on resources, especially on pre-built systems you buy from stores. If you run Vista on a decent system, it will run smoothly, such as the dual core processors. Vista just tries to make EVERYTHING look "pretty and flashy".

Vista is just aesthetics. Nothing worth it and the "security features" just ask you about EVERYTHING little thing happening on your computer like "Opera Browser wants to connect to the internet. Allow or Do not Allow"

Windows will never be as "secure" as it claims, it just giving their customers a bad message, giving them a false sense of security (those not so technical).

I'm definitely interested, and student pricing may actually lead me to buy it :p

However, I'll probably get it with a laptop first (in like a year maybe), then consider installing it on my desktop (which is more than capable).

I am going to wait 6 months or so, I bought a vista ready laptop so I hope not to have much trouble with it, is it true you can use flash disks as ram

Not using it, and won't be. All of my new systems will be Macs. :) Vista is a major waste of time and money. :rolleyes:

Not using it, and won't be. All of my new systems will be Macs. :) Vista is a major waste of time and money. :rolleyes:

They said that about XP back in 02, and now, it's the most widely used O/S in the world. Infact, do you know how many people I know said they would stay with Windows 2000, rather than XP, only to use XP in the end?

Windows XP is awesome, and I'm sure Vista will be down the line.

I would like to test it, but I most probably wouldn't keep it. I don't have computers that qualify to such high system usage

According to the news today, they've already found a flaw with the voice recognition program.

Like previously mentioned, I'd wait til SP1 first, too.

Im on the final Vista Buisness version. Much more stable, speedier than XP. Is worth purchasing.

They said that about XP back in 02, and now, it's the most widely used O/S in the world. Infact, do you know how many people I know said they would stay with Windows 2000, rather than XP, only to use XP in the end?

Windows XP is awesome, and I'm sure Vista will be down the line.
XP isn't awesome, it's just not as bad as the previous versions.

I've never tried it, do you think my P.C could handle it?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual @ 2.21GHz each
1GB RAM
NVidea 7600GT x2

I want to use it for games aswell, I will upgrade the graphic card's when they 8800 comes out for Direct X 10. Will my PC cope?

Back