• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Vista is avg

I personally used vista for about 2 months and then downgrading to XP. No features in it really make me want to use Vista too badly, so I figure I'll stick with XP.

Now if only I had the time or means to figure out Linux, I'd move to that. 3 years ago, I announced that I would go from XP to Linux and that XP would be the last main Windows OS I'd use. I just haven't gotten around to doing that yet as Linux still confuses the hell outta me.

XP has experiense and a lot of upgrades. In this case it looks more attractive. I think that Microsoft have to pay more attantion in developing XP, then impose Vista.

I have yet to find any letigimate complaints for Vista. I turned off prefetch and scaled down Vista to an XP style (while still leaving Aero on) and I found it used the same or even less ram the XP. Of course I turned back on prefetch and it's ram usage went sky high, then again, so did the speed over XP.

I game on Vista, run VM's with VMWare Server, and design graphics and webpages. I can run Vista Ultimate, Battlefield 2, Windows 2000 pro VM image, and Macromedia Fireworks MX all on 2GB of RAM all at the same time. I could never dream of doing that on XP because XP had such horrid memory leaks and memory management.

I'm seeing more and more that it is people not wanting to devote any brain power to learning to use a new OS. Vista is great, but if you're moving from a lesser OS, it does have a learning curve. Stop running from change and staying in your little comfort box.

Haha i actually got negative rep being called stupid and such for liking Vista. Is that because it's now 1337 to hate Microsoft? Whoever did that negative rep, you have no life, no brains, and apparently no genitalia since you were afraid to post your name with your rep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed.

Speaking of a lesser OS...If you were such a "Debian lover" you'd be running debian at home and not a lesser OS.

As for negative rep... If you left this and didn't leave your name then you aren't any better. Whoever did leave this, this blatantly shows just what a child you are and you don't belong on these boards.
Vista is avg September 20th, 2007 11:12 you blow monkey balls

Last edited:
Agreed.

Speaking of a lesser OS...If you were such a "Debian lover" you'd be running debian at home and not a lesser OS.

I do...it's my file/VM box and torrent box. AMD X2 4400+ overclocked to 3.1Ghz, 2GB RAM, and 920GB of HD space running Debian Etch and VMWare.

Back