• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[VPS Request] Speed and Reliability

stereofreak69

I just got a job as a ColdFusion programmer and have recently been promoted to Server Technician (I help to manage the servers, before the hosting company did).

Anyways, I would like VPS. The main concern here is speed, so a high dedi of ram would be good, with a little bit of a burst.

I wont need much BW at first, but plan to hopefully and eventually grow. Right now I am spanned across free hosts and would like to centralize it.

I would also need the following (Basic generic stuff)
1. PHP (Latest version)
2. MySql (Latest Version)
3. I need the server to be safe (Meaning you take care of security, so managed)
4. A good CP (Doesnt need to be CPanel, but I dont want something cheap like vista panel)
5. A few IP's (Search engines seem to like sites that have their own IP's)

Auctual BW and HHD space is not a huge issue, but I would like to know specifically what you allow and dont like.

I will google for reviews, and a high post count here looks good.

I am in this for the long run (granted I still have a job), so if I can get a discount on a long term purchase (not necessarily a year, but not a month-to-month)

I think I was descriptive enough, but feel free to ask questions.

I intentionally didnt put a price because I want to get the best deal, but it needs to be fast.

Also, I need to know if you would allow MP3's. If not, that is fine. I will just use a file host. But streaming them off of a VPS is much faster than a file host. Btw, I dont have a lot of them. Just some techno songs (and a few others) I would also like to centralize, for speed and ease of managing.

Thanks. Will purchase in near future (like a month or so tops).

Stereofreak69

Hi, We would like to offer you our fully managed linux VPS hosting solutions

Linux VPS V-1 (Upgrade plans are also available see the Plan url given below for details)

10 GB Diskspace
150 GB Bandwidth
128 MB Guaranteed Ram
512 MB Burstable Ram
3 VPS IP addresses
Full “root” or “administrator” Access
100 MBPS Port Speed
Free VPS hardening, security and management services
Virtuozzo Power Panel VZPP for easy VPS management
Equal Share CPU,Quad Core VPS Nodes,Fast RAID10 Storage,atleast 12GB registered Ram
Host unlimited domains
Free moving assitance and data transfer for VPS moves
Free daily backups via large R1Soft ECDP NAS appliances
100% uptime guarantee & 30days moneyback guarantee
Only for $24.95/month

VPS URL : http://www.lagoonhost.com/vps/linuxvps.html

We provide cPanel/whm unlimited domains license for $10/month and Plesk unlimited domains license for $15/month, Legal mp3's can be allowed.

Hello stereofreak69,

Buzz Servers, LLC would like to present you with the following offer based on your requirements;

Linux VPS IIV
> 30 GB Hard Drive Space
> 400 GB Monthly Bandwidth
> 512 MB Guranteed RAM
> 3 DoS Protected IP's
> DirectAdmin (cPanel = +$9 monthly)
> Fully Managed
$30.00/month | Order Here

There will be a few hours delay in setup for DirectAdmin & cPanel orders, as we need to get the licenses activated and installed. Extra IP's? $1/month. All IP's are DoS protected via Cisco hardware.

If you have any questions, please contact us via ticket support, or email us at sales@buzzservers.com

Hey there,

We at Server Complete, LLC, celebrating 1.5 years in business, would like to offer:

++Endeavour VPS
+ 30GB Disk Space + 10GB FREE = 40GB Disk Space
+ 512MB Guaranteed RAM
+ 300GB Premium Bandwidth
+ HyperVM Management Console
+ 2 IP Addresses
++

FREE Setup! -- $25.49/month Click here to order.

15% Recurring Discount
FREE DirectAdmin (place in comments)

Coupon Code: VPS4ME-09

Hello Stereofreak69!
Please have a look at our offer:
http://www.serverpoint.com/english/vps-hosting.phtml
50GBs of space
256MBs of guaranteed RAM
RAM burstable to 384MBs
500GBs of bandwidth
2 IPs included
Full root/administrator access
High server resources
Includes Power Panel - click here for screenshots
Level 1 Support Plan included

$29.99/mo

SECOND MONTH FREE OFFER!

Please feel free to contact me if you have any question

Hello Stereofreak69 ,

First of all, congratulations on your job as a ColdFusion programmer promotion to Server Technician!

Anyways, Volt Networks has been in business since 2006 so so it has been 3 years since we have entered the industry. We currently offer VPS hosting on a per request basis so this offer is not listed on our site.

CUSTOM PACKAGE
20 GB RAID-10 Disk Space
400 GB Premium Bandwidth
384 MB RAM
2 Dedicated IP Addresses
$50 per month

-cPanel 11 / WHM with Fantastico included
-PHP / MySQL 5
-Virtuozzo PowerPanel
-Fully Managed, Optimized, and Secured
-Full Root Access
-99.9% network uptime guarantee
-Friendly Technical Support via Help Desk and Email
-Choice of Texas or California datacenter

Please mention the coupon code TRIAL for 50% off your first month as a trial period.

Regarding material/content that can be hosted, we allow anything that is usually legal. If you have anything specific in mind, you can feel free to contact me about it. You can also view our Acceptable Use Policy here: http://www.voltnetworks.com/aup.php

The MP3's can be hosted as long as they aren't copyrighted (you must own the copyrights).

VPS2
  • Guaranteed RAM: 512MB
  • Burstable RAM: 768MB
  • Data Storage: 40GB
  • Premium Bandwidth: 300GB
  • Control Panel: HyperVM
  • I.P. Addresses: 2
  • Price Per Month: $25
More Info | Order Now | $0 Setup

Free Domain Names!
Get web hosting and a domain name for free! If you pay for an account annually, we will personally fund the cost of your domain registration, learn more..

Current Promotion: VPSDOUBLE50 | 50% off any VPS plan, and any billing cycle.. This coupon is recurring, so you will be paying 50% for the life of your account! Limited to the first 10 users.

Promotional Plan: Only $8.99 a month, packed with 256MB Guaranteed RAM and 512MB Burstable RAM. 15GB Disk Space and 200GB Bandwidth. Limited Stock! Get started today!

Thanks for considering Nixism!

Thank you all for the posts. I am still looking, as I have not made the large purchase I planned to make (I plan to buy an Archos 7 - I will in a month then plan to order a quality VPS)

No one has answered of they allow the techno MP3's? I have a system coded to allow for users to report violations of the law on every page (Not just media pages, all pages). The system is semi-automatic, meaning it emails me, and I check my email multiple times a day.

To get a good idea of what I will be hosting, look at stereofreak69.com and browse the site. All public content will be hosted on this server (Meaning games, MP3's, soundboards, funny clips and so on). VIP content (Family Guy episodes and so on) is about to be thrown out because I can not find hosting, and those are just more pages to optimize that return absolutly nothing.

And btw, I will be hosting many domains on this. I am spanning the website across multiple domains so adding sites is easier (before I had to add a new category of stuff and trying to make articles and soundboards fit together was near impossible).

I appreciate all the time you have put into this.

Nick

P.S. I may be looking for a second VPS/Shared hosting plan to mirror the files on. They system will randomly select a server on each page load, thus reducing the load on the server.

Hello,

Just wanted to confirm that I understand your request. You have a website that allows users to listen/view/upload/remove files.

My concern is you are attempting to host copywritten material. Even if you place disclaimers and removal button its still an issue within the US. You may need an foreign (Grey line law) area. I do not condone the idea of hosting illegal/copywritten files however if that is you wish, thats were I recommend you look.

Back