• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Warning to all: k_oudom

Status
Not open for further replies.

bariteau

Hi all,

Just a small warning about user k_oudom

I decided to sponsor this guy with hosting since he said it was for school:
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2220380

I gave him 1 GB of space and 5 GB of transfer. After a few days, he uploaded a site which was clearly not related to school (that site is also hosted at http://www.addcambodia.org/english/ ). After a quick private message, he said it was just to test the FTP and agreed to remove it within two weeks and replace it with his school site.

Fine, whatever, a few days later, an email from the cpanel cron saying he hit the 1GB space! He had filled his account with .tar of the site he had put up. Suspended the account and contacted the guy by pm again, his reply said that it was only to see if he really had the space he was given. What the ----? But I figured, some people are weird but it's ok, I'll let it go, so I removed the files and reactivated the account.

After another PM, he finally remove his ADD site and puts up a PHPBB forum. Sweet! No more issues!

But wait! Another email from the server saying he's >90% of usage. So I checked and all the space is used by an email account he created. I take a look and it's all .jpg. So I don't say a word, if he wants to receive large emails, why should I care?

Today I check his forum and here I see:

(see attachment)

Now, something is fishy, so I take a look at his email account and realize: it's the same email over and over again with a bunch of picture's (the same in each email).

I'm sick and tired of that user so I suspended his account and will delete it in a few days (I'll keep it for a few days just in case)

And here is his info:

username: k_oudom
email: k_oudom@yahoo.com
url: http://studentgenius.aa.am/ (also asked for a subdomain with studentloveschool.YOURDOMAIN.XXXX)
Possible real name: Rex Kouch
Possible location: Cambodia
Possible age: 23

Please note: I am not a free host, I'm just a guy that wanted to do a good deed to help a student. I guess you can't trust anyone anymore. No more good deeds for me!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 98
Well don't take that stance, there are still many users that cannot afford hosting that could be the next bill gates with you by his side.

And from an experienced hosting provider, I can say that he is fraudulent from his past actions. And basing on what a user says he wants, and what he uploads, I can infer that some other users are also a fraud.

This user signup with us on July his account was suspended for CPU Usage
He like to use the subdomain stulov.yourdomain.com just to warn other hosting providers.

Domain name he'll use
reliablehost.aa.am

Seem like he decided to switch to us again signed for a reseller plan once again suspended. That are located on other server.

Last edited:
Ok makes sense...

I guess everyone should blacklist this moron... hopefully he will give up eventually.

high cpu usage, what the hell the he run?
He said he had copied the clone of his sites folder like this
[A]X[amount of site files& folders]=total
[10mb]x[100 clones]=1gb already.

Right now he's around at myfirehost but admin around there doesn't notice his action at all.

He said he had copied the clone of his sites folder like this
[A]X[amount of site files& folders]=total
[10mb]x[100 clones]=1gb already.

Right now he's around at myfirehost but admin around there doesn't notice his action at all.

he did the same thing with me, all in subfolders

He has an account with me.. and all he's uploaded is some photos of babies (maybe his children?)

Did you check to see if they're all different, that's one issue I noticed, he uploaded pictures but it was the same 10 over and over again until he filled 1 gb of space

Hello everyone. Please don't talk like I am 5 stars criminal. I want something free to try but I've never tried to hurt anyone.

First, PowerHosting123 said that I'm trying to consume his CPU usage. Of course not. I only upload phpBB and didn't even set it up yet. And you said that I consume CPU usage. If you dear to unfroze my account, change the password and make any screenshoot on the part that can cause the problem on your CPU to show us. I respect TOS and always follow them and never think that my account has been suspended by a nonsense reason. I don't have right to ask for anything since it is a free service.

Second, bariteau, I can't cause any problem because of 1G space limit. As a student. I want to do some test on what I have. and I will clear them when I'm done. I can't do business with free domain and 1G space.

I can't do business with free domain and 1G space.

Can you enlighten us on the type of test that requires to copy a .tar file over and over again until you hit the limit and cPanel doesn't accept any more files? Or the type of tests that requires sending the same email over and over again until the account is full? I don't give a ---- if you are a student or not, those type of tests are unacceptable without prior authorization especially on a free host!

I can't do business with free domain and 1G space.

Don't tell me this isn't what you tried to do, according to the screenshot I posted.

Can you enlighten us on the type of test that requires to copy a .tar file over and over again until you hit the limit and cPanel doesn't accept any more files? Or the type of tests that requires sending the same email over and over again until the account is full? I don't give a ---- if you are a student or not, those type of tests are unacceptable without prior authorization especially on a free host!
Fitst, I want to test of how the notification email work when I reach maximum space.
Second, I want to know how well you will take care the clients. As the result, you really follow us every single step. Sometimes, It's good when parents restrict their child freedom but on the other hand, too restrict will cause their child full of stress.

Don't tell me this isn't what you tried to do, according to the screenshot I posted.
I just try to install a forum and learn how to configure it. I just follow the form of others forum I have ever seen. It was just an example. Plus, who is going to buy hosting account from a hostee which doesn't even have a proper domain (aa.am).

Fitst, I want to test of how the notification email work when I reach maximum space.
Second, I want to know how well you will take care the clients. As the result, you really follow us every single step. Sometimes, It's good when parents restrict their child freedom but on the other hand, too restrict will cause their child full of stress.

I monitored you because I gave the hosting for one purpose and one purpose only: to use for school purposes which you didn't seem to do. I monitored you because I actually care for my clients that I host and that I meet face to face every once in a while.

I think with all the people that had encounters with you, you should, by now, know how the cPanel email notification work...

I just try to install a forum and learn how to configure it. I just follow the form of others forum I have ever seen. It was just an example. Plus, who is going to buy hosting account from a hostee which doesn't even have a proper domain (aa.am).

With our PM exchange I think I have the right to consider this as an attempt to business (the PM exchange was about him asking me if he could host is friend's sites).

The account you gave me is not reseller account. So I can't do business with a normal account. If I want to do business I would buy a reseller account from a trusted service. That shouldn't be a free service which always disappear for a short period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back