• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Web Design Courses

webstone

:wave: Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to this and I won't to learn quickly.

I have a background in computing on the ice age mainframe computers using Cobol. I now wish to learn how to write/design Web Pages and how to set them up on the wide world web.

Should I just use what's free on the web to learn or should I do a full on course and get a degree? I learn software quickly and I have kept uptodate with computers and software.

Cheers any advise would help.

Freelance = Learn online, or do a course.
Career = Degree.

I found the webdesign/media courses in my local college boring and too long for what they teach you. You could do the basics online, then take a specific course for a certain aspect (For more advanced stuff like PHP.)

there are many things you can do online..First decide on what area you want to specialize. Then register in all the forums related to it..Learn the basics and start implementing it..You dont have to join in any courses. All you need is patience and determination to learn some thing online..All the best.hope my suggestion will help you..

HTML: looking at the source code of other sites, reading online tutorials, and designing websites in WYSIWYG editors (this was in the days of Netscape Composer 4.0 on Mac OS 9 :p) and looking at the generated code.

For PHP, I copied snippets of PHP code from forums and put them on my site, and extensively modified the portal script I used on my site. I also bought the Visual Quickstart Guide, PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Websites, although I already knew a lot of PHP so this only strengthened my knowledge.

Online resources can be adequate if you know where to look, but some of them teach terrible coding techniques.

get a program like FrontPage / DreamWeaver and learn HTML syntax from it, use google to find CSS Commands and properties and most of all... Learn where good places to advertise are. That's how I learned HTML, PHP and CSS.

the best way to learn web designing is to start creating your own website. Undestand the scripts. The more you try and do the more you will learn..All the bestq

Back